[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Mental Health First Aid seminar

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Sun Feb 3 09:05:26 EST 2019

Dear Faculty,

See information below. We will also send to students.

Division Head, Theater
Artistic Director, Tantrum Theater
Professor of Lighting Design
Ohio University Theater Division
307 Kantner Hall | Athens, Ohio 45701
http://www.michaellincoln.net/

From: "Russell, Jeff" <russelj4 at ohio.edu>
Date: Friday, February 1, 2019 at 11:50 AM
To: "Russell, Jeff" <russelj4 at ohio.edu>
Subject: Mental Health First Aid seminar

Dear colleagues,

I’m sending this to leaders of departments and schools in health sciences and performing arts. I’d like to give you and your students a special opportunity. On Sunday, February 10, the Athens chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is sponsoring a full day seminar, Mental Health First Aid, in conjunction with the OHIO Student Athlete Advisory Council and The Kardia Foundation. Please see the graphic below for all of the necessary information. I would appreciate you letting your interested colleagues and students know about this event as it is a crucial topic. Registration is limited to 35 participants. Currently there are 20 slots remaining. The SHAPe Clinic staff and student-athletes from the Student Athlete Advisory Council are both participating.

The course costs $30 per person; lunch will be provided. Full-time students who intend to enter a healthcare profession are eligible for a partial scholarship from The Kardia Foundation if they cannot afford the full cost of attendance. Students may contact me at jeff.russell at ohio.edu<mailto:jeff.russell at ohio.edu> to discuss taking advantage of this.

The course instructor will be former Olympian Amy Gamble from NAMI West Virginia.

In addition, Amy will speak on Monday, February 11th at 7:00 pm in Bentley 120 as part of the athletic department’s Mental Health Awareness Week. Graphics about both events are provided below. Amy also will be available to speak to classes on Monday the 11th. Please let me know if that is of interest to you.

Best wishes,

Jeff

[cid:image001.png at 01D4BA22.63FAC420]

[cid:image002.png at 01D4BA22.63FAC420]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Jeffrey A. (Jeff) Russell, PhD, AT, FIADMS
Associate Professor
Science and Health in Artistic Performance
Division of Athletic Training, School of Applied Health Sciences and Wellness
Ohio University
Grover Center E182
Athens, OH 45701

jeff.russell at ohio.edu