[Theaterfacultystaff] Lunchbag notes 8-30-19

Biechler, Merri biechler at ohio.edu
Fri Aug 30 16:43:37 EDT 2019

Huge thank you to Janai Lashon and Dr. Winsome Chunnu for an outstanding lunchbag microaggressions!

Dungeons & Dragons Madness -- tonight @ 11:00 p.m. in the Hahne! Tickets (free!!) available starting at 10:00 p.m. in the Kantner Lobby. Tickets can go fast, so you may want to show up a bit before 10 to queue up!

The School of Theater's student-lead Diversity and Inclusion Committee will have an informational meeting on Wednesday, September 4th @ 5:00 p.m. in Kantner 108. All are welcome and encouraged if they want more information and to get involved. If you cannot make that meeting or would like more information, reach out to one of us:

Keshawn: km115817 at ohio.edu

Raine: rd599616 at ohio.edu

Jean: je885117 at ohio.edu

Janai: jt367118 at ohio.edu

Performers in our fall season: please come to the costume studio (Kantner 025) to get your measurements checked ASAP. Shop hours are Monday through Friday, 1-5 pm.

Actors: Audition Sign Up Sheets will be available in Drew's office starting Tuesday.  Please go up and fill them out following the instructions.  Forms will also be available in the lobby during Lunch Bag on Friday Sept 6th.

UNDERGRAD STUDENTS: There are four specific costume classes offered by graduate students for undergrad students including (highly suggested for actors)
Stage Makeup TR 10:30-11:50 (Bianca Binneman @ bb593717)
Costume Crafts F 9:00-11:40 (Phoebe Hill @ ph624515)
Costume Technology TR 10:30-11:50 (Kenny Rainey @ kr846417 & Cass Huscher @ ch818717 ),
Costume Design TR 9:00-10:20 (Kathleen Gardin @ ke994817)
Please contact the respective professor if you are interested! More information is on the flyers in the building and the digital one attached in an email from Drew.

GRADUATE STUDENTS: The Theater Association of Graduate Students (TAGS) purpose is to create a cooperative link between the theater graduate students in the Ohio University School of Theater including Playwriting, Directing, Production Design and Technology, Theory History and Criticism and Acting departments. Hopefully we can fundraise to support projects during our time at OU, like national conferences (for example USITT & SETC), workshops, and guest artists. It's also great to be able to network outside of our individual disciplines and years!
TAGS will be having their first meeting in the upcoming weeks.
Please keep an eye out on the new facebook group page @ TAGS 2019-2020!

Please do not write in the plays you check out from Alden Library! Also, don’t lay plays flat on the shelves; put them in the re-shelve carts at the library. They are marked as missing when in fact they are just lying flat on a completely different shelf.

Have a safe weekend!

Merri

Merri Biechler

Assistant Director