[Theaterfacultystaff] Fw: Important - New Travel Policies
surovjak at ohio.edu
Fri Apr 26 08:08:17 EDT 2019
This message is being sent to you at the request of Kari Saunier, CFO, for the College of Fine Arts.
Good morning CoFA Faculty and Staff,
The university has implemented a new travel policy and related procedures, effective April 1st. This change is important to understand as it will change the way in which all travel at the university will be required to be booked. We understand that this might make booking travel feel constrained, but unfortunately we have to comply with the State and University mandate. We really appreciate all of the great work that our faculty and staff are doing and encourage you to reach out to your school finance staff and the Jennings House finance team if you need any help navigating the new processes.
There are 3 important changes I want to highlight to make sure everyone understands:
1) All travel MUST be booked through CBT. This includes lodging, airfare, car rental.
a. You can contact CBT by either calling a live agent (866-266-8806), emailing CBT (ohio at cbtravel.com<mailto:ohio at cbtravel.com>), or booking directly through Concur. CBT is available 24/7.
2) University pcards can’t be used for purchasing individual meals while on travel. Meal reimbursement will be based on per diem, and will be reimbursed after travel.
3) Basic economy fares are now available in Concur, but please note that these fares are often the cheapest, but HIGHLY restrictive.
a. There are generally significant fees for “upgrades” like luggage, seat selection, etc.
b. They typically can’t be changed or refunded.
c. If you cannot take your scheduled flight, you will have to purchase a new ticket. If you do not have a legitimate business purpose or medical emergency as defined by OHIO sick leave policy, you will need to reimburse the University for the original flight.
I would encourage everyone to read the entirety of the message below from Finance with additional information and familiarize yourself with the Travel website (https://www.ohio.edu/finance/purchasing/travel).
As always, please feel free to reach out with questions to your school finance staff and/or me (saunierk at ohio.edu<mailto:saunierk at ohio.edu> or 740-593-1815). I appreciate your support in complying with the university’s new policy and procedures.
Email from Finance with additional details:
As of 8:00 AM on Monday, April 1, Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) is the University’s preferred travel management company (instead of Altour). This change comes with an updated travel policy, detailed individual travel and group travel procedures and an improved booking experience in Concur.
Policy and Procedure Highlights
The new OHIO Travel policy<https://www.ohio.edu/policy/41-121> was approved in March 2019 and will be effective April 1, 2019. The policy website update is in progress and in the interim, please refer to the draft version approved on March, 19, 2019<https://www.ohio.edu/sites/default/files/sites/finance/purchasing/files/DRAFT_41-121%20Reimbursment%20for%20Official%20Travel%20and%20Entertainment_3_19_19.pdf>. Below is an overview of the major changes to policy. Please refer to the policy, procedures and training for more details.
1. Procedures were removed from the policy and will be maintained on the travel web pages<https://www.ohio.edu/finance/purchasing/travel>.
2. OHIO Travel (flights, hotels, rental cars) must be booked through the preferred travel provider, CBT, unless an exception is obtained before booking travel. Travel can be booked through Concur or by calling CBT for agent assisted travel. The following scenarios can be booked outside of Concur/CBT:
• Conference Hotels can be booked directly with hotel/conference registration site.
• Non-Traditional Lodging Options not available through CBT/Concur.
o University dorms (domestic and international) and any vendors on the pre-approved list<https://www.ohio.edu/sites/default/files/sites/finance/purchasing/files/Travel_Non-Traditional_Lodging_Pre-approved_List.pdf> may be booked directly with the establishment.
o Other non-traditional lodging, such as hostels, field stations, and campgrounds must be approved by your planning unit (CFAO or designee) utilizing the Lodging Safety Questionnaire<https://www.ohio.edu/sites/default/files/sites/finance/purchasing/files/NonTraditional_Lodging_Safety_Questionnaire_FINAL.xlsx> prior to booking.
• Rental Cars : Enterprise and National can be booked either through CBT/Concur or through the OHIO Enterprise and National portal<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flegacy.enterprise.com%2Fcar_rental%2Fdeeplinkmap.do%3Fbid%3D028%26refId%3DOHIOUNI&data=02%7C01%7C%7C78b4aa84543e41900c0208d6ca3fddf4%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C636918772981265661&sdata=4fUGqcmD8QH4mxiOWtIazoUq9cOkdyAt7pdIhCIh7O4%3D&reserved=0>, or directly with the vendor.
o If booking with Enterprise or National outside of CBT/Concur, the OHIO business account number<https://www.ohio.edu/hr/additional-resources/vehicle-rental> must be provided to ensure it is billed properly and the proper insurance is applied.
3. Domestic rental cars from companies other than Enterprise or National and all international rental cars require the additional insurance to be purchased.
4. Meal reimbursement will be based on per diem, and will be reimbursed after travel. University PCards and travel cards cannot be used for purchasing individual meals.
• Per Diem reimbursement for same-day travel is still unallowable under University policy and is prohibited under IRS rules.
5. When booking international travel, the University must abide by all Federal travel guidelines, restrictions, and requirements.
Training and Support Resources
The following e-learn courses are available to guide users through the travel process:
• Booking Individual Travel<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fevents.membersolutions.com%2Fevent_register.asp%3Fcontent_id%3D78732&data=02%7C01%7C%7C78b4aa84543e41900c0208d6ca3fddf4%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C636918772981275679&sdata=6bCaTc2u88O8plg1OjnL8ZfZ1gSunvVl6IGGJaHTrxU%3D&reserved=0>
• Travel Policies and Procedures<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fevents.membersolutions.com%2Fevent_register.asp%3Fcontent_id%3D78733%26s%3Devent_manager%26pv%3D1&data=02%7C01%7C%7C78b4aa84543e41900c0208d6ca3fddf4%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C636918772981285684&sdata=mVTE54fRFzbMdSA23O5V4kE%2BCcJ4o0o%2FodHaEL6YLHI%3D&reserved=0>
• Concur Expense Reporting<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fevents.membersolutions.com%2Fevent_register.asp%3Fcontent_id%3D78645&data=02%7C01%7C%7C78b4aa84543e41900c0208d6ca3fddf4%7Cf3308007477c4a70888934611817c55a%7C0%7C0%7C636918772981285684&sdata=Qk3AuEBjYNcIBa6g7GgXvotX5jvn2wj3691JzjrQxWs%3D&reserved=0>
The following training course will be available in the coming weeks:
• Booking Group Travel
When available, enrollment details will be posted to the Professional Development Pathways site<https://www.ohio.edu/hr/professional-development/courses>.
Visit the travel web pages<https://www.ohio.edu/finance/purchasing/travel> for a variety of reference and support materials to guide users through the transition.
• Individual Travel Procedures<https://www.ohio.edu/finance/purchasing/travel>
• Group Travel Procedures <https://www.ohio.edu/finance/purchasing/travel/group-travel>
• Christopherson Business Travel Details<https://www.ohio.edu/finance/purchasing/travel/christopherson-business-travel>
• Travel Quick Reference Guides<https://www.ohio.edu/finance/quick-reference-guides#Travel_QRGs>
• Travel FAQs<https://www.ohio.edu/finance/purchasing/travel/travel-faq>
How to contact CBT
For travel booking assistance or questions, contact CBT by phone or email. They will be available 24/7.
• Phone: 866-266-8806
• Email: ohio at cbtravel.com<mailto:ohio at cbtravel.com>
Please direct comments or questions to Finance Customer Care at 740.597.6446 or travel at ohio.edu<mailto:travel at ohio.edu>.
College of Fine Arts, Dean’s Office
Kari Saunier, Chief Financial & Administrative Officer
Jennings House • Ohio University • Athens OH 45701 • T: 740.593.1815
saunierk at ohio.edu<mailto:saunierk at ohio.edu> • www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu/> • www.ohio.edu/compass<http://www.ohio.edu/compass>
The best student-centered learning experience in America
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4683 bytes
More information about the Theaterfacultystaff