[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Dance With You Contest featuring Ohio University

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Fri Sep 28 08:42:47 EDT 2018

Faculty,

Forward to your students who might be interested in this contest.

Division Head, Theater
Artistic Director, Tantrum Theater
Professor of Lighting Design
Ohio University Theater Division
307 Kantner Hall | Athens, Ohio 45701
http://www.michaellincoln.net/

From: THE PROM Producers - Dori Berinstein & Bill Damaschke <thepromproducers at gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 4:50 PM
To: "Lincoln, Michael" <lincolnm at ohio.edu>
Subject: Dance With You Contest featuring Ohio University

Dear Michael,

We are the producers of THE PROM, the new musical comedy coming to Broadway this fall and we are thrilled to announce the launch of our nation-wide Dance With You Contest! We are reaching out to you because you work with students in Athens that would be a perfect fit for this amazing contest!

Through our industry-first partnership with the Educational Theatre Association/Thespian Society, we are hosting a contest in which all middle school, high school, and college students can submit a video of their own rendition of our hit single "Dance With You". They do not need to be a member of the Thespian Society to enter, just an enthusiastic student! We have provided lyrics and an instrumental track online, or they are welcome to accompany themselves, or reinvent the song as they like.

See the announcement on Playbill HERE<http://m.playbill.com/article/calling-all-thespians-sing-for-your-chance-to-see-the-prom>

The winner will be flown to NY to see THE PROM on Broadway, stay at The Time Hotel, and be led through a special VIP PROM experience! We really want to get the word out to ALL students, so please share with any of your performing arts network!

Attached is a flyer with details on the contest. We would love for you to incorporate this contest into your classroom, organization, or program. We want to give all students a chance to experience THE PROM this fall. This contest has the potential to inspire students all across the country and really boost the awareness of their next favorite Broadway show, THE PROM!

We can't wait to see all the submissions from these creative and talented young people.  Learn more info at https://www.schooltheatre.org/programs/thepromcontest

Warmly,
Dori, Bill, & Jack

--