[Theaterfacultystaff] Lunchbag notes 9/21/18

Biechler, Merri biechler at ohio.edu
Fri Sep 21 15:28:03 EDT 2018

Thank you Andre Gribou and team for a great presentation on Study Abroad opportunities:

Monday September 24:  information session for Global Opportunities with Andre.  Walter Hall 135, 9:30

Global Opportunity Fair:  Monday, September 24th,  11-4.  Baker Ballroom

Use the hashtag #OHTHAR to share theater events open to public.

Nick Wilson is organizing a group for theater students who might need a walk home at night from places on campus or parties.  Meeting Tuesday Sept. 25th at noon in 303 for all interested in contributing.  or, contact Nick for more information:  nw150414 at ohio.edu

Please do not text during lunchbag, especially when we have guests.  It's rude.

Made in America Madness tonight at 11pm in the Hahne. Tickets handed out in the Kantner Hall lobby at 10pm. If you finish general auditions after 10pm, stop by anyway and if there's a free seat, they will seat you! FREE.

SOUP: the Student Organization of Undergraduate Playwrights meets every Wednesday at 7pm in Kantner 303. All are welcome! Email Beckie Brown for details at bb551516 at ohio.edu or find them on facebook. Their next evening of short plays MELTING POT will be 9/28 or 9/29, stay tuned for details.

We now have a Stage Management certificate! If you're interested, please email Jeanette Buck at buckj at ohio.edu

Local playwright Gary Molina's play I AM THAT CHILD will have a reading at ARTS/West at 7pm on 9/29/18 featuring BFA actors Perri Olson and Jackson Savage. The play is about childhood poverty in the region.

Every Saturday this semester, Anne McAlexander will hold a musical theater dance workshop from 4-5:30pm in Kantner 306. The first 45 minutes will be warm up and strength building and then choreography from selected musicals. Build your skills! donations are welcome.

NO EATING/NO SHOES in Kantner 306! Keep our spaces clean!

Register to vote in Ohio! Talk to Dan Dennis (dennisd at ohio.edu).

https://athens.ohioboe.com/

You can vote early starting October 10th. VOTE EARLY to avoid the long lines at Baker Center on election day.

If you're interested in joining the Theater Division's Inclusion and Diversity Committee, email Alisha Lawrence at AL768517 at ohio.edu

Cass Huscher is the President of TAGS (Theater Association of Graduate Students). Meetings are at noon on Thursdays in Kantner 044. Email them with questions at ch818717 at ohio.edu

Go see the National Theatre Live showings at the Athena. All shows $15.

http://athenagrand.com/
<http://athenagrand.com/>10/02 @ 6:30pm Follies
10/23 @ 6:30pm Hamlet
11/20 @ 6:30pm Cat on a Hot Tin Roof