[Theaterfacultystaff] 2019-2020 Block Calendars

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Sun Oct 21 18:30:17 EDT 2018

Dear Faculty,

In advance of the faculty meeting tomorrow, attached are 2 versions of calendars for next year. The goal for Tantrum is to produce something in mid to late August, then spread the other two productions as evenly as possible in fall and spring semesters. Our initial thought was that Tantrum would produce the final production of each semester, but it gets complicated.

In fall semester, the issue is scheduling of Rhinoceros as the first Tantrum production of the season. If it’s scheduled at the end of the semester, the professional actors will have to be paid for the Thanksgiving week when we can’t have any performances. That schedule is shown in Version 4. Moving it earlier means producing two mainstage productions first and second in the semester and Style Projects third, broken up by Thanksgiving, shown in version 3.

Spring semester shows Objects in the Mirror as Main Stage #4. The issue in spring is that professional actors have to be paid over spring break for no work, or students actors have no spring break. If we moved Objects to the first main stage of spring semester (and possibly having to add a week of rehearsal before classes begin), we’d solve that problem, but then Tantrum would only be producing in half of the year, August – February.

Lots to discuss.

Division Head, Theater
Artistic Director, Tantrum Theater
Professor of Lighting Design