[Theaterfacultystaff] Letter from the Diversity and Inclusion Committee

Biechler, Merri biechler at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 11 14:46:17 EDT 2018

Dear Faculty and Staff,

As we all already know, the Art Equity training will be held tomorrow, Friday, October 12th. The Diversity and Inclusion Committee is excited about how this training can and will improve student and faculty relationships and the overall atmosphere of Kantner Hall. We as the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and as students, wish to extend our encouragement and hope that every faculty member will see the importance of this training and take advantage of this opportunity in order to create a more productive, empathetic, and supportive work environment for students and faculty alike.

We are aware this training is not mandatory to attend. However, we would like to stress the value for the student body to know that all members of the faculty and staff participate. We believe it is crucial that the faculty and staff possess the same knowledge and tools to work together to improve the collaborative environment we share as members of this program in the classroom, in rehearsals, and in each shop.

We appreciate the ongoing commitment to strengthen the department, and we are excited to see the benefits of this training realized each day within the School of Theatre.

Sincerely,
The 2018-2019 Theatre Division’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee