[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: MyOIHO Success Network Progress Surveys: Who Is Not Done Yet?

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 10 13:30:12 EDT 2018

FYI

Division Head, Theater
Artistic Director, Tantrum Theater
Professor of Lighting Design
Ohio University Theater Division
307 Kantner Hall | Athens, Ohio 45701
http://www.michaellincoln.net/

From: "Klein, Jennifer" <kleinj2 at ohio.edu>
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 12:30 PM
Subject: MyOIHO Success Network Progress Surveys: Who Is Not Done Yet?

Department Chairs and School Directors,

Last Spring when I shared who had not completed the progress surveys from your department, several of you asked that I provide that information earlier.  Attached, please find an excel sorted by college of instructors and courses that do not have submitted Progress Surveys.  Please keep in mind the following:

1.      Progress Surveys are not due until 11pm tomorrow.  These folks might have every intention of doing this later today or tomorrow.

2.      This is static data, so it is possible that between when I ran this report this morning and when you speak with the person they will have completed the surveys.

3.      If there is a department you are looking for that you don’t see in your college, please feel free to look in the “ALL” tab.  I had to sort this by hand.  I know the college of most departments, but there were some that I may have put in the wrong place.

Only 41% of Progress Surveys have been completed thus far and we are aiming for a 65% completion rate.  Anything you can do to help with that is much appreciated!

Here are some answers to a few common questions:

·         Why aren’t all my students on my list?  In most 1000 / 2000 level courses all the students should be on your list.  In upper level courses only students in specific populations are on your list (multicultural students, athletes, first generation college students, etc.).  In the future, we are able to add more students to progress surveys if faculty prefer that!

·         I can’t do this until Friday.  Is that OK? Yes. While the Due Date is Wednesday, OCT 10, the Progress Surveys do not close until Monday, October 15 at 11pm.  After that, we cannot reopen them. Completing them late is better than not completing them.

·         Why is this important? Because when you submit progress surveys students get detailed information about campus resources they can use to improve their performance.  Their advisors learn what they need help with, and everyone in their “network” can support their success.  This has a direct impact on student retention.

I will provide this information again on Thursday morning.  Thank you for your support and for encouraging faculty in your departments to complete these!

Best wishes,

Jenny

[signature_923060363]
University College
Jenny Klein, Assistant Dean for Success and Persistence
·         Allen Student Advising Center
·         Undergraduate Orientation Programs
·         Student Success Advisor Initiative
Baker Center 417 • 1 Ohio University • Athens OH 45701-2979 • T: 740.566.8888 • F: 740.593.9544
kleinj2 at ohio.edu • www.ohio.edu • www.ohio.edu/compass
www.twitter.com/ohiou • www.facebook.com/OhioUniversity
Are you a student who needs an appointment?
Log in to MOSN: www.ohio.edu/myohiosuccessnetwork<http://www.ohio.edu/myohiosuccessnetwork>. Log in, select “MyOHIO Success Network” to find me. Click on “Schedule Appointment”, find availability and make your appointment!