[Theaterfacultystaff] Fw: Kantner-wide 24-Hour Theater Festival

Surovjak, Drew surovjak at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 26 07:33:51 EST 2018

ATTENTION ALL THEATER DIVISION STUDENTS:

The Student Organization of Undergraduate Playwrights is hosting a department wide 24-Hour Theater Festival on December 8th and 9th! Participants will write a 1 to 10 minute play, which will be performed as a staged reading in the E.E. Baker Theater, 24-hours after the theme announcement. Registration is available starting today in the theater office for writers, actors, and directors. We will be accepting only a limited number of writers (or writing teams), so sign up soon before all spots are gone! Below is the schedule of events for the festival.

December 8th:

1:00pm Kick-Off Party and Opening Pow-Wow with all participants

2:00pm Theme Announcement

December 9th:

11:00am Scripts due to Stage Manager

12:00pm Q2Q for all participants

2:00pm Performance in the Baker

Registration is open to all Theater Division students and faculty. We would LOVE to have a huge turn out for a fun event just before jumping into Finals Week!

Also, if you’d like to suggest a theme for the 24-Hour Festival, in exchange for a $1 donation to SOUP, your theme will be put into a drawing that will decide what the topic of each play will be! Find a SOUP member today to enter the drawing (or see us at Lunchbag on Fridays)!

More information to come! Hope to see you there!

-The Student Organization of Undergraduate Playwrights