[Theaterfacultystaff] Fw: Graduation requirements

Surovjak, Drew surovjak at ohio.edu
Tue Jan 23 10:41:54 EST 2018

To all 3rd year Graduate Students:

There have been some questions about graduation, so I’d like to head off any confusion. Remember that the College has a new rule about taking more than 3 years to finish your degree. If you extend your graduation past the summer of 2018, you must pay for the credit.

Any grad who is planning on finishing requirements in the summer should not apply for graduation this semester. Assuming you are getting internship credit (or whatever is needed) this summer, you should wait and apply for graduation in the summer. If you have to delay past the summer, I would suggest registering for whatever credit is needed in the summer (assuming that class is offered in the summer) so that you don’t have to pay tuition costs. If the work is not completed in the summer, it is given a PR. If you have to delay graduation past the summer, you will have to register for (and pay for) one credit in the semester in which you are applying to graduate.

If you have already applied for graduation and don’t have the appropriate credit, the application will be denied, and you will need to reapply in the summer. There is a five-dollar fee.

Assuming the degree requirements are finished in the summer, students may walk at spring graduation if they wish.

I hope that clarifies all the possible iterations of graduation!

Division Head, Theater

Professor of Lighting Design
Ohio University Theater Division

307 Kantner Hall | Athens, Ohio 45701