[Theaterfacultystaff] The Longest Walk this Thursday

Biechler, Merri biechler at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 22 13:18:25 EST 2018

Megan Pitcher Young, an OU Theater/Dance grad, is creating a performance art piece this Thursday, January 25th.

YOU ARE INVITED: Seeking participants for an installation of bodies in public space. This third iteration of the project is presented as part of the Temporal & Corporeal Exhibition through the Ohio University Art Gallery. Women, femme, non-binary, and female-identifying participants are invited to join in a stylized walk holding space for female voice.

Thursday, January 25th, 5:45pm – 6:15pm
On Howard Green (at Union & College Street)

The action includes a group of participants holding space for a period of 20-30 minutes with stylized cycle of forward and backward steps. This embodied installation reclaims the contested site of the female body while providing a platform for intersectional activism. The message of the walk is simple – we must continue to create and support platforms for female voice.

PERSONALIZE YOUR WALK: Share what is worth putting your body in harms way to protect. Fill-in your intentions on hand printed posters that read, "We Hold Space For ______." Posters from past actions will be on display in the Ohio University Gallery as part of the Temporal Corporeal Exhibition.

Interested persons are asked to contact me with 1) their January 25 availability 2) their alternate availability Fri-Sun that weekend, and 3) any questions they have about the project.

Thank you, in advance, for your support.
Megan Young
meglouisemoves at gmail.com
224-585-9444 (cell)
MegLouise / www.meglouise.info