[Theaterfacultystaff] SAAM and #TurnAthensTeal - Featuring a Performance by Our Very Own Lisa Buch!

Surovjak, Drew surovjak at ohio.edu
Fri Apr 20 08:39:23 EDT 2018

Hello Friends,

April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM).
Do you find yourself asking...what can I do to celebrate SAAM and honor survivors?

SAOP asks you to #TurnAthensTeal.
Help us support survivors, raise awareness about interpersonal violence, and celebrate growth & resiliency as a community:

Join us for Turn Athens Teal Art Walk and Survivor Gala
SAOP along with partners Passion Works Studio, Paramuthia #25 Free and Accepted Masons, Hillel at Ohio University, United Campus Ministries, Central Venue, and Little Fish Brewery ask you to #TurnAthensTeal by attending and supporting our Art Walk and Survivor Gala.

Sunday, April 22nd from 2-7p
Art Walk- 2-4p (participating locations throughout Uptown Athens)
Live Performance: 4-5:30p (Central Venue)
Survivor Gala: 5:30-7p (Central Venue)

*FREE attendance, with suggested donation of $20 and emphasis on Silent Auction art piece bids, with proceeds to benefit SAOP*

The Art Walk:
2-4p at Participating Locations throughout Uptown Athens
Feature artwork created by survivors and community members, speaking out against violence and celebrating growth and resiliency.
Consist of a 1.5 mile loop of participating locations throughout Uptown Athens
Display gallery-style art viewing exhibitions and national awareness raising art projects.

Participating Locations include:
Central Venue = SEORJ Art Installation, Silent Auction art pieces and live performance stage
SAOP Resource Center = "What an Advocate Looks Like..." installation
Passion Works Studio = Family-friendly art creation space
Hillel at Ohio University = "What Were You Wearing",
UCM = Youth Art Competition and Self-care space (screening of Wonder Woman starting at 2:15p)
Howard Hall Park = "The Clothesline Project",
Scripps Amphitheater = "The Survivors' Witness Project",
Graffiti Wall = Community art creation mural
WGSS Windows = "OHIO" Bystanders Intervention Installation

Live Stage Performance:
4-5:30p at Central Venue
Following the Art Walk, join us at Central Venue for a live performance entitled, "Simple Math", performed by Lisa Buch.

Survivor Gala:
5:30p-7p at Central Venue
The Survivor Gala will feature live musical performance, spoken word poetry, a special performance by Amethyst Stone and the announcement of the Youth Art Competition and Silent Auction art piece winners.

For more information about Turn Athens Teal Art Walk & Survivor Gala, click here<https://www.facebook.com/events/414291792374386/>.

Display a SAAM Yard Sign throughout April
Yard Signs can be picked up at SAOP Resource Center (77 East State St<https://maps.google.com/?q=77+East+State+St&entry=gmail&source=g>.) Saturdays between 12-4p.
To schedule another time to pick up, contact intern.saopseoh at gmail.com<mailto:intern.saopseoh at gmail.com>.
Yard Signs are FREE to all interested, with a suggested donation of $10.
SAOP asks that signs be returned to our office following April!

Support 30-Days of #TurnAthensTeal
Patronize businesses throughout Athens who have signed up to show their support for survivors!
If you are a business still interested in scheduling an event, please contact intern.saopseoh at gmail.com <mailto:intern.saopseoh at gmail.com> .
If you are interested in more information about how you can support 30-Days of #TurnAthensTeal, check out our Calendar of Events<http://www.facebook.com/SAOPseoh/>!
Like and tag us or send us your photos of you helping to #TurnAthensTeal to post on our social media.

Attend a SAOP Work Day
Lend Your Shape to the Survivors' Witness Project, Decorate SWP Silhouettes, or help us make artwork to #TurnAthensTeal.
Work Days are Saturdays (April 7th, April 14th and April 21st) from 12-4p at SAOP Resources Center (77 East State St<https://maps.google.com/?q=77+East+State+St&entry=gmail&source=g>).
Click here<https://www.facebook.com/events/162749111080219/> for more information.

Thank you for helping us spread the word.  Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday, April 22nd for the Turn Athens Teal Art Walk and Survivor Gala!

Thanks,
Kat

--
Kat Wargo
Survivor Advocacy Outreach Program (SAOP)

DONATE to SAOP!<https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=5Ozfou92C8iYrlavl8x5-kdAXMS5vnUijQNM35X9f4r0FBh58aiHFUgTlDP4Hc_fem_o8G&country.x=US&locale.x=US>

***Please note: Email is NOT a confidential means of communication.

--
[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1KKbc9YGelQu6sYT7Cofrf-KIT2jro88i&revid=0B1Yn72JvXS9IeWxiZmVwQkp0V0grUXBSZGZUSE50M2lWU2tRPQ]