[Theaterfacultystaff] Lunch bag on 4/20/18

Biechler, Merri biechler at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 18 10:17:53 EDT 2018

As you may know, Shon Middlebrooks and Ellie Clark have initiated a Theater Division Student Committee focusing on Diversity and Inclusion. At lunchbag this Friday, they will share about the committee and its goals, in hopes that others will be interested in carrying the torch as they move toward graduation. They will also talk about how the faculty and the committee intend to move forward in planning for next year, which includes faculty/staff diversity training. We hope you will join us.

Theater programs at academic institutions all over the country are struggling with, confronting, listening and learning to address many of the same challenges that we are facing here at OU. Hopefully the attached articles can provide us all with broader context as well as potential ideas for positive engagement and steps as we move forward.

https://www.nyunews.com/2018/04/08/04-09-news-tisch/

https://emersonpower.wordpress.com/2018/04/10/the-nuances-of-racism-in-theatre-school/

>From Shelley, two recent HowlRound articles on gender parity and creating self-advocating artists:

http://howlround.com/it-starts-in-the-classroom-approaching-gender-parity-through-actor-training