[Theaterfacultystaff] Fw: Extrication Drill, 04/14/18

Surovjak, Drew surovjak at ohio.edu
Fri Apr 13 15:55:08 EDT 2018

Dear All,

Tomorrow, Saturday April 14th, the Division of Theater will be hosting SHAPe Clinic for an extrication drill in the Forum Theater.

An extrication drill is a preparedness training exercise to learn how to better deal with a medical emergency. At this point in time, we know that a passive approach to safety and emergency preparedness is negligent. Therefore, we train.

We will gather before 10AM in the Forum lobby and create the “situation” that we will base the drill on. It will involve placing an individual on a spine-board with the applicable first aid elements and moving the individual to an appropriate location to await EMS personnel. In this way we are better prepared for any event that may occur.

All are welcome and encouraged to participate. In this way, we are actively working toward the safety of our students, faculty, staff, and community.

Sincerely,

--

Lowell Jacobs MFA, MPA.

Sound Design/