[Theaterfacultystaff] Faculty Meeting Annoucements

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 9 13:30:17 EDT 2018

Dear Faculty,

My enormous thanks to Shon Middlebrooks and Ellie Clark for their work on the diversity and inclusion committee. The work we must do as a faculty has just begun.

Here are announcements we didn’t have time to get to in our meeting today.

·         Jeanette Buck received a Glidden award for José Carrasquillo to direct Rhinoceros in the fall of 2019.

·         The Foster Harmon Fellowship is being awarded to Bianca Binneman for 2018-19.
Unfortunately, we discovered that the fund has not generated enough income for two awards next year, (as it did this year) but we will still add an extra $1,000 to the stipend.

·         Search update: 53 applicants to Musical Theater search. That committee meets Thursday to make first cuts.

·         There is only 1 applicant to Lighting and Projection Design search. It closes in another week (April 16th), but we may declare failed search sooner and rewrite the position description.

     I’ve been in touch with Cat Russell and the Dean about this. More as it develops.
            .

·         I’m out of town April 18-27 at Indiana Rep. Terrible timing, I know.

It’s week 12. We’re almost there!

All the best,

Division Head, Theater
Professor of Lighting Design