[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: 2017 New York Musical Festival // Submissions Open

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Fri Sep 15 08:05:30 EDT 2017

In case you are aware of any of our students writing musicals……
-Michael

From: Rachel Sussman <literary at nymf.org<mailto:literary at nymf.org>> on behalf of Rachel Sussman <literary at nymf.org<mailto:literary at nymf.org>>
Date: Friday, September 15, 2017 at 12:42 AM
To: Michael Lincoln <lincolnm at ohio.edu<mailto:lincolnm at ohio.edu>>
Subject: 2017 New York Musical Festival // Submissions Open

Dear Michael,

I'm Rachel Sussman, Producing Artistic Director for the New York Musical Festival (NYMF) and I'm writing to let you know that submissions are now open for the 2018 Next Link Project - read our press release here<https://nymf-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1zmT2-2jjDZMNo_fZj9jnDjVR2VxbM07pLhci_-MQzJs-1651092790&key=YAMMID-28497649&link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.playbill.com%2Farticle%2Fsubmissions-now-open-for-nymfs-next-link-project>.

Would you be able to help us out by sharing the call for submissions below with your students and colleagues? We are including a special $25 rate for any current students this year (undergraduate or graduate level).

Thanks so much and let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Rachel

------------

The New York Musical Festival

The largest annual musical theatre event in the nation

is now accepting submissions for the 2018 NextLink Project!

Are you a musical theatre writer? Have you written a show that you'd like produced in New York?  Submit your show today to the New York Musical Festival’s Next Link Project!

What is the Next Link Project?

The NextLink Project is NYMF’s primary writer service program. It empowers emerging musical theater writing teams by providing entrepreneurial training, career networking opportunities, dramaturgical support, and other services, culminating in a subsidized production in the Festival. The NextLink Project is open to any writer – produced or unproduced, with or without agency representation.

This year’s NextLink Project Grand Jury of industry professionals includes:

  *   TONY-winning actor Michael Cerveris (Fun Home)

  *   OBIE and Drama Desk Award winning actress Donna Lynne Champlin (Working)

  *   Two River Theater Company Literary Manager, Anika Chapin

  *   TONY-winning producer, Jane Dubin (The Norman Conquests)

  *   Literary Agent, Katie Gamelli (Abrams Artists Agency)

  *   Broadway Director, West Hyler (Paramour)

  *   Broadway Choreographer, Lorin Latarro (Waitress)

  *   Director, producer, and performer Jonathan McCrory

  *   Public Theater Literary Associate, Jack Phillips Moore

  *   Associate Director of LCT3 at Lincoln Center, Natasha Sinha

  *   Rattlestick Artistic Director, Daniella Topol

  *   TONY and Drama Desk Award-nominated choreographer Sergio Trujillo (On Your Feet)

NextLink Project participants receive the following benefits:

  *   A $5,000 subsidy towards their participation in NYMF 2017

  *   Additional savings in production fees, and discounted technical and marketing support

  *   Dramaturgical support

  *   Seminars and workshops geared toward helping them successfully prepare, present, and promote their NYMF production

  *   Access to exclusive industry networking events

The following application materials are required as electronic files:

  *   2-3 page synopsis (PDF)

  *   Script sample consisting of 15 consecutive pages (PDF)

  *   Complete script (PDF)

  *   Demo recordings of at least 75% of the songs in the show (Mp3s)

  *   Author Bios and Production History

The Deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, November 1st!

Regular Submission Fee: $75

Early Bird: $55 if you submit your show by Wednesday, October 11th at 11:59 PM EST

Student Submission Fee: $25

For more information, visit:  http://www.nymf.org/nextlink<https://nymf-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1zmT2-2jjDZMNo_fZj9jnDjVR2VxbM07pLhci_-MQzJs-1651092790&key=YAMMID-28497649&link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nymf.org%2Fnextlink>

Submit your show today to be considered for the 2018 Festival!

rachel.sussman at nymf.org<mailto:rachel.sussman at nymf.org> | 212-664-0979 ext. 13<tel:212-664-0979%20ext.%2010>
NEW YORK MUSICAL FESTIVAL | Musicals live here. | 36 West 44th Street, Suite 1010A <https://maps.google.com/?q=36+West+44th+Street,+Suite+1010A%C2%A0*%7C*%C2%A0New+York,+NY+10036&entry=gmail&source=g> |<https://maps.google.com/?q=36+West+44th+Street,+Suite+1010A%C2%A0*%7C*%C2%A0New+York,+NY+10036&entry=gmail&source=g> New York, NY 10036<https://maps.google.com/?q=36+West+44th+Street,+Suite+1010A%C2%A0*%7C*%C2%A0New+York,+NY+10036&entry=gmail&source=g> | NYMF.org

[http://nymf.org/files/2114/5678/0821/NYMF_Logo_BlueRed_Blk_Small_RGB.png]