[Theaterfacultystaff] Fw: Judas on trial THIS week at OU!

Surovjak, Drew surovjak at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 27 09:41:31 EST 2017

The Last Days of Judas Iscariot opens tomorrow night (preview tonight)!

All are welcome!

The show dates are:
Tuesday, November 28 – Thursday, November 30 at 8PM
Friday, December 1 at 7PM
In the Forum Theater, RTV Building
Free Admission (though seating is limited and reservations are recommended)
Visit www.oujudas.com<http://www.oujudas.com> for tickets and more details.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1973938856227425/
[https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/c31.0.200.200/p200x200/23755794_691487638226_2227232238682186213_n.jpg?oh=e0dd5d35177b493dbfcc0dc124c11a00&oe=5A8FA0DA]<https://www.facebook.com/events/1973938856227425/>

The Last Days of Judas Iscariot at Ohio University<https://www.facebook.com/events/1973938856227425/>
www.facebook.com
The Last Days of Judas Iscariot will be present at Ohio University in the Forum Theater - RTV Building. Preview: November 27 at 8PM Performances:...

**strong language is used in the show**

The show follows the trial of Judas Iscariot, in which the characters debate his guilt or innocence for betraying Jesus Christ. Though the show is based in extremely heavy Christian ideology we would like to make it clear you do not need to be Christian to appreciate the work in its entirety. The message transcends those involved or not involved in following a specific faith. We, as artists in this piece, are not trying to force anyone to think a certain way (faith or faithless), but rather to question what it means to forgive, and who is worthy of that forgiveness through the lens of the story of Judas Iscariot.

We hope to encourage a conversation through this piece and we are aware we do not have all the answers. Yet in asking these questions (What is forgiveness? Who deserves forgiveness? Who has the right to judge? What is mercy vs. justice? etc.) we find we can open up the avenues to have difficult yet compelling conversations.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesistate to contact me!

Thank you for your time!

Jonathan Hetler
MFA, Directing, Second Year
Division of Theater