[Theaterfacultystaff] Thanksgiving in Athens and ways to give back!

Biechler, Merri biechler at ohio.edu
Tue Nov 21 18:10:14 EST 2017

If you are in Athens for the Thanksgiving break, there are things to do!

If you're going home, think about bringing back items for the local food pantries which are in great need. The Dance Division is collected for the pantries and My Sister's Place, a local organization that shelters women and children who've experienced domestic violence. Their wish list is below.

Have a good Thanksgiving and see you Monday!

Merri

***

My Sister's Place - Wish List

Gift Cards, in any monetary amount (our favorites are: Target, also Wal-Mart, Stop & Shop and CVS).
Packages of diapers in all sizes (sizes 4, 5, 6, and pull-ups are most needed) and baby wipes
NEW Large and extra-large duffel bags
NEW towels in all sizes
NEW twin sheet set
NEW regular sized pillows
NEW Diaper bags:  if possible filled with new baby items such as bibs, diapers, wipes, ointment, pacifiers, socks, receiving blankets and unisex onesies/pj’s
NEW baby bath seats for both newborns and toddlers
New pajamas: children, women, pajama pants (teens)
Spanish early reader children’s books
NEW, unopened full-size toiletries for both men and women such as: deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo / conditioner, body wash, body lotion (especially hair and skin care products for women of color), shaving cream, and razors.
School supplies
Art and craft supplies