[Theaterfacultystaff] Pride Week!
biechler at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 29 13:58:30 EDT 2017
Checkout the LGBTQAwesomeness happening around campus!
View this email in your browser<http://us10.campaign-archive1.com/?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=5976cefdef&e=df99b37fc4>
There is a lot of rainbow awesomeness happening on and off campus. And is PRIDE Week!!! Get your PRIDE on bobcat style!
If you would like us to promote an event, email a pdf and/or blurb to lgbt at ohio.edu<mailto:lgbt at ohio.edu>.
The LGBT Center is participating in the "I'll Go With You" campaign to ensure that #allmaysafelypoopandpee and go about life peacefully. Come to the LGBT Center to pick up your buttons to show your solidarity with trans and gender non-conforming folks on and off campus!
Check out PRIDE Week keynote presenters J Mase III and Vita E from Awqward Talent (only talent agency for queer and trans artists of color)!
LGBT Center Events!
Dine-n-Discuss: Queer Professionalism
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Join us Thursday for a discussion on what it means to enter into the workforce as a LGBTQ or queer professional. We will explore issues unique to our community as well as ways to ensure how to be out and equal at work. Our discussion will be facilitated by the center's own Marissa Radigan and Jolena Hansbarger. Bring your lunch and questions! All are welcome!
PRIDE Week is HERE!
Contact LGBTQA Commissioner Anna Neawedde<mailto:an436512 at ohio.edu> with questions and to find out more about the awesomeness that will be Pride Week!
Here is a break down of the events!
Tuesday, March 28th
Event: Even My Poems are Revolutionary
Time: 2 pm – 4 pm
Location: Multicultural Center, Multipurpose room
Description: performance, percussion and writing exercises
-tools for rooting creative work in social justice with Mase and Vita
Event: Stories from the Clinic: Disrupting Heteronormativity in Healthcare Contexts
Time: 5 pm – 7 pm
Location: Schoonover Lobby
Description: Put on by the Barbara Geralds Institute for Storytelling and Social Impact, this forum features stories of individuals of healthcare providers that serve LGBTQ communities, activists fostering more inclusive healthcare environments, and individuals who do not to conform to traditional gender roles. Come, listen, ask questions, and/or share your stories
Event: “Rent” Discussion
Description: Join us after the showing of “Rent” for discussion and refreshments in the Alumni Room (bottom floor of Memorial Auditorium).
Wednesday, March 29th
Event: How I Survived the Gay Rights Movement as a Trans Person of Color
Time: 12 pm – 2 pm
Location: LGBT Center
Description: This workshop looks at the intersections of identity within the queer community, as well as tools for addressing power & privilege dynamics. This workshop is for folks who identify as LGBTQA and those seeking to be in solidarity with them, with Mase and Vita E. Food and drinks will be provided!
Keynote Event: #BlackTransMagick
Time: 7 pm – 9 pm
Location: Nelson Commons
Description: Mase and Vita E. form performance duo in #BlackTransMagick, a journey through poetry, movement, and drums inspired by their lives and the world around them. With Mase and Vita
Thursday, March 30th
Event: Write Me Where It Hurts: Healing From Body Trauma Through Art
Time: 4 pm – 6 pm
Location: LGBT Center
Description: This workshop is an interactive storytelling/discussion group workshop with Mase and Vita on healing from various types of body trauma as a trans/queer folk, and folks of varying body experiences around surgeries, scarring, weight stigma, assault, dysphoria, etc. This is a confidential group discussion, and we ask that the folks who participate are those who deal with those issues directly. With Mase and Vita.
Event: In Remembrance: Candlelight Vigil
Time: 7 pm
Location: Galbreath Chapel
Description: Join us to honor the lives of folks who identify as trans+ that have been lost due to suicide.
Friday, March 31st
Event: The Solidarity Framework
Time: 2 pm – 5 pm
Location: Multicultural Center, Multipurpose Room
Description: This workshop provides a specific framework on how to engage in solidarity work that dismantles the concept of allyship and focuses towards a disrupting of power (includes heavy racial justice and anti-transphobic lens, etc). With Mase and Vita
Event: An Evening with Drag Queen Tupperware Lady, featuring Dee W. leye (more below!)
Saturday, April 1st
Event: Safezone, Speakout
Time: 12 pm – 2 pm
Location: LGBT Center
Description: Always wanted to learn more about the LGBTQ Community and what it’s like to identify as LGBTQ? Join us for this wonderful event. Food provided! Bring your parents if they are joining you for the weekend, ALL are welcome!
Tupperware Party with Drag Queen Dee W. Ieye
Friday, March 21, 2017
Women's Center (Baker 403)
Humor**, fundraising, tupperware, this party has it all!
The fundraiser will support the Tom and Jan Hodson LGBT Emergency Fund.
Suggested door donation:
* $5 for students
* $10 for non-students
Bring additional money for Tupperware!
**Adult humor (no children please)
Queerness off campus!
Come out and support drag troupe Miss Onyx Ohio in raising funds to support those impacted by the fire at Carriage Hill.
Saturday, April 8, 2017 (please note date change)
9pm (cover charge $3 or 2 for $5)
J.D. Henderson's Sports Lounge (204 S Columbus Street, Lancaster, 43130)
There are many ways to get involved!
LGBTQ groups on and off campus:
* Open Doors <http://ohio.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=635e02fb18&e=df99b37fc4> (Thursdays @ 8pm in LGBT Center)
* SHADES<http://ohio.us10.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=cf3c6d4e69&e=df99b37fc4> (Thursdays @ 7pm in LGBT Center)
* FEM<http://ohio.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=1596116bfe&e=df99b37fc4> (Feminist Equality movement)
* F*ck Rape Culture<http://ohio.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=7035427436&e=df99b37fc4>
* LGBTQ Parents and Prospective Parents of Athens County, Ohio<http://ohio.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=419ac5ba89&e=df99b37fc4>
* SE Ohio LGBT Community and Supporters<http://ohio.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=ac88351816&e=df99b37fc4>
* I<mailto:ps316714 at ohio.edu>nterfaith Inqueeries<mailto:ps316714 at ohio.edu> (Tuesdays @ 8pm in LGBT Center)
* Multicultural Activists Coalition<mailto:gg917813 at ohio.edu> (Tuesdays @ 7pm at United Campus Ministry)
Other groups that may be of interest:
* The Period Project<http://ohio.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=a65b55925e&e=df99b37fc4>
* Subversive Crafting: Wednesdays 6-7pm in the Women's Center
* The Positivity Project<http://ohio.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=552f25cf60&e=df99b37fc4>
* F-Word Performers<http://ohio.us10.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=8e43096b15&e=df99b37fc4>
* STARS<http://ohio.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3f87c4404b95009d1bbc85faf&id=2d3df8e9b5&e=df99b37fc4> (Students Teaching About Racism in Society)
Meet your LGBTQA Commissioners on Student Senate and Graduate Student Senate:
* Anna Neawedde <mailto:an436512 at ohio.edu> (Commissioner) ~ office hours in the LGBT Center Mondays from 9am-11:30am
* Jordan Kelley<mailto:jk771913 at ohio.edu> (Vice Commissioner) ~ office hours in the LGBT Center Wednesdays from 10am - 11am.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Theaterfacultystaff