[Theaterfacultystaff] Cutler Scholars

Biechler, Merri biechler at ohio.edu
Sat Feb 11 16:20:17 EST 2017

Of the five COFA Cutler Scholar finalists, two of them are in theater!  I met with Raine Dedominici and Alyssa Embry on Friday. Thanks, Dan Dennis, for letting us crash in on your class.

This is from Lori Embry, Alyssa's mom. I hope both young women come to OU because they will be exciting additions to the program.

***

Merri,
On behalf of Alyssa and I, I would like to thank you for spending time with us (again!) yesterday during the Cutler interview day program.  You were a breath of fresh air in a very stressful day!

We also cannot thank you enough for the support of the entire theatre staff during Alyssa's college decision making process.  Everyone's kind words and attention have been wonderful and certainly makes Ohio University's Theatre Department stand out!

Alyssa said her Cutler interview went well yesterday; however, she was up against some other great candidates so the pressure right now is enormous!  Wednesday seems an eternity away. This is an amazing opportunity and we are praying for it to go her way....we will keep you posted.  Hopefully in a few days we can officially call Alyssa a Bobcat! :)

Thanks again!  Hoping to see you again in the near future!
Lori and Alyssa Embry