[Theaterfacultystaff] Main stage response papers

Wagner, Maureen wagnerm at ohio.edu
Fri Feb 3 14:29:42 EST 2017

Dear All,
Please know that the student code of academic conduct<https://www.ohio.edu/communitystandards/academic/students.cfm> states:

Forms of Academic Misconduct
Academic misconduct is an A1 violation of the Ohio University Student Code of Conduct and is defined by the student code of conduct as dishonesty or deception in fulfilling academic requirements.  It includes, but is not limited to cheating, plagiarism, un-permitted collaboration, forged attendance (when attendance is required), fabrication (e.g., use of invented information or falsification of research or other findings), using advantages not approved by the instructor (e.g., unauthorized review of a copy of an exam ahead of time), knowingly permitting another student to plagiarize or cheat from one's work, or submitting the same assignment in different courses without consent of the instructor.
To assist you in understanding Academic Misconduct the following are examples:

1.  Cheating - Cheating is defined as any attempt by a student to answer questions on a test, quiz, or assignment by means other than his or her own knowledge.  Examples:
a.  Using the textbook or other materials, such as a notebook, not authorized for use during an examination.
b.  Using technology (i.e. cell phones, laptop computers, social media, text messages, etc.) to aid in the completion of work when not permitted to do so.
c.  Observing the work of another student or allowing another student to plagiarize, copy, or observe your work.
d.  Using unauthorized material during a test, notes, formula lists, notes written on clothing, etc.
d.  Taking a quiz, exam, or similar evaluation in the place of another person.
e.  Providing or requesting assistance from another person in a manner prohibited by the instructor.
f.  Using a laboratory, computer, or calculator improperly or without authorization.
g.  Changing material on a graded exam and then requesting a regarding of the exam.
h.  Acquiring unauthorized knowledge of an examination or any part of an examination.
i.  Submitting the same paper in two different courses without the knowledge and consent of instructors.
j.  Signing in persons other than yourself for class attendance

Maureen

--
Maureen Wagner
Assistant Dean for Student Services