[Theaterfacultystaff] Faculty Meeting Notes

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Thu Feb 2 14:23:56 EST 2017

For those of you who weren't able to attend, I'm attaching the faculty meeting agenda from yesterday. Results of the discussion points:

There was general agreement to try to improve results of the online class evaluations by having Drew proctor the evaluations during classes in the final week or so of classes. There will be some overlap of class times, but he will set up a schedule with the instructors to visit each class.

There was general agreement that it would be a good idea for the Performance and the PD&T faculty to meet together when Shelley returns. We would discuss various issues, in particular how we can improve the situation relative to banking of practicum hours.

We agreed to try this performance schedule next year:
Monday day off for actors. Work day and evening available for tech/design staff for finish notes.
Tuesday, Dress Rehearsal.
Wednesday, Dress Rehearsal.
Thursday, Preview
Friday, Opening

Add a performance either Tuesday night of the second week OR a matinee on the final Saturday of the run, depending on the calendar and whether or not we think the type of show might sell to a more general Athens area audience on a Saturday matinee. (Costumes can deal with the quick turn around on costumes.)

Media night would a day later than it has been....can we still print photos in time to have them up for opening?

I forgot to remind everyone that I will be off campus Feb 17-19 and Feb 21-March 4 designing in Delaware.
Many PD&T students and some faculty will be at SETC in Lexington, KY March 1-5.
Many PD&T students and most of the PD&T faculty (including me) will be at USITT in St. Louis March 8-12 (spring break).

Happy February!

Artistic Director/Head
Professor, Theater Division
Ohio University