[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Honorary degree nominations

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 1 11:13:02 EST 2017

Suggestions welcome. Email me directly or email Rachel and copy me so that I'm in the loop.
-Michael

From: Rachel Cornish <cornishr at ohio.edu<mailto:cornishr at ohio.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 10:39 AM
To: Michael Lincoln <lincolnm at ohio.edu<mailto:lincolnm at ohio.edu>>, "Hayes, Christopher" <hayesc1 at ohio.edu<mailto:hayesc1 at ohio.edu>>, "Buchanan, Charles" <buchanac at ohio.edu<mailto:buchanac at ohio.edu>>, "LaPalombara, David" <lapalomb at ohio.edu<mailto:lapalomb at ohio.edu>>, Steven Ross <rosss2 at ohio.edu<mailto:rosss2 at ohio.edu>>, "Pauley, Edward" <pauleye at ohio.edu<mailto:pauleye at ohio.edu>>
Cc: "Wagner, Maureen" <wagnerm at ohio.edu<mailto:wagnerm at ohio.edu>>, "Lamb, Jody" <lambj at ohio.edu<mailto:lambj at ohio.edu>>, "Sayrs, Elizabeth" <sayrs at ohio.edu<mailto:sayrs at ohio.edu>>, "Saunier, Kari" <saunierk at ohio.edu<mailto:saunierk at ohio.edu>>, Daniel Harper <harperd1 at ohio.edu<mailto:harperd1 at ohio.edu>>, "Gatling, Travis" <gatling at ohio.edu<mailto:gatling at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Honorary degree nominations

Hello all,
I'm soliciting suggestions on honorary degree nominations for this year. Our deadline is Feb. 24.

People who would be good choices to nominate would be those who we'd like to develop or continue to develop a relationship with in order to raise the visibility or further the mission of the College. Honorees might also be donors, though they don't have to be. They should have some connection to the College however tenuous. Perhaps they've taught a course, or even a class. I believe that they should have roughly the same or similar skill set/experience it would take to earn a similar degree to the one we'd bestow. I believe we only have master's and doctorate honorary degrees, but I'll double check.

I'm inclined to put forth only strong nominations so that we can have a good chance at awarding one. Let me know if anyone comes to mind by Feb. 10th.

All best,

[cid:538C56B8-4AAB-4D97-B9D1-631CE7AC4356 at net.oit.ohio.edu]
College of Fine Arts
Rachel Cornish
Director of External Relations
Founding Producing Director, Tantrum Theater

Jennings House, Second Floor
54 Union Street
1 Ohio University
Athens OH 45701-2979