[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Faculty request: visiting artists for Fall 2017

Denhart, Daniel denhart at ohio.edu
Thu Aug 17 12:00:41 EDT 2017

Good morning,
As we are planning the beginning of the 2017-18 academic year, I want to remind you of the Dean's COFA Retreat on Wednesday August 23 at the Ridges. In preparation for this meeting, we have been asked to furnish Daniel King with information regarding Fall semester visiting Artist plans (please see message below)
Information requested:

"If you are planning a visiting artist/scholar event, please provide the following information:

  1.  Event date(s)
  2.  Visiting artist name, and a sentence describing who they are
  3.  Contact faculty coordinating the visit"

I have agreed to receive, compile and submit  any such visiting artist plans for the Theater Division.  Please forward any plans you have to me by tomorrow evening, Friday, 8/18 (5pm) so I can get them to the Deans office for the Monday deadline.

Thanks

Dan

Dan Denhart: Professor
Interim Artistic Director/Head: Theater Division
School of Dance, Film, and Theater
College of fine Arts
Ohio University

740-593-9194 (O)

In advance of the faculty/staff retreat next week, the dean's office would like to gather/document the list of visiting artists on the docket for the fall to share with the entire college faculty during the retreat. We see this as an opportunity to increase the chances of coordinating classroom visits, and increasing awareness across disciplines. It will help us be aware of what is being planned, and will be useful for faculty interested in adding something to their syllabus, offering a for-credit activity, or even collaborating/working with another school.

If you are planning a visiting artist/scholar event, please provide the following information:

  1.  Event date(s)
  2.  Visiting artist name, and a sentence describing who they are
  3.  Contact faculty coordinating the visit

Please send this to Daniel King at kingd3 at ohio.edu<mailto:kingd3 at ohio.edu> at your earliest convenience. The faculty/staff retreat is August 23, so we'll need to get this from you by Monday August 21.

Thanks!

OHIO UNIVERSITY

College of Fine Arts
Daniel J. King