[Theaterfacultystaff] Unified Auditions for the Theatre Roundtable of Columbus

Surovjak, Drew surovjak at ohio.edu
Mon Sep 19 07:25:11 EDT 2016

All,

Attached is information regarding the Unified Auditions for the Theatre Roundtable of Columbus.

Drew R. Surovjak

Administrative Associate

School of Dance, Film and Theater

Ohio University

Kantner Hall 307A

surovjak at ohio.edu

740.593.4818

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tom Cardinal <tomcardinal at earthlink.net<mailto:tomcardinal at earthlink.net>>
Subject: auditions
Date: September 11, 2016 at 11:38:00 AM EDT
To: <delaneys at ohio.edu<mailto:delaneys at ohio.edu>>

Hello

My name is Tom Cardinal, the chairman of the Unified Auditions for the Theatre Roundtable of Columbus.

We are planning our annual audition event, the Fall Unified Auditions, which are a chance for performers to audition for many companies from the Central Ohio area at once.  These theatres will be hiring for various shows and projects throughout the upcoming year.

Now that Labor Day weekend has passed and the school year is in swing, I am contacting you to see if I could enlist your help getting the word out to your students about this event.

The Unified Auditions will take place on Saturday, October 15 from mid morning until early afternoon or so (depending on the number of registrations), and will take place at the Columbus Performing Arts Center (CPAC), in downtown Columbus.

The week prior, on Saturday, Oct 8, we will be holding an audition workshop, geared towards the conference-style of the Unifieds, which is set up based on the larger regional conferences such as SETC or OTA.  The feedback we have received on this workshop is that it was invaluable in helping to prepare for this style of audition (which many students will attend at some point in their educational and / or professional career!)  In addition, depending on the number of attendees at this workshop, we will give as much feedback as possible, giving performers a chance to get critiques on their pieces (and a chance to sing with the actual accompanist who will be at the Unifieds a week later!).

 Would it be possible to post or distribute the information to theatre student mailboxes, or to email it on to them? Please let me know what works best for you. Any help you could give us getting the word out to your students would be greatly appreciated.  We have had a growing number of students attend these auditions over the past several years, which has enabled them to begin establishing connections in the theatre world.  As the new school year is underway, I would be very appreciative if you could make your students aware of this opportunity, as they are looking over all of their commitments through the fall (and beyond).

 Thank you for taking the time to read through this email and PLEASE let me know if you have any questions or need anything further.  The best way to reach me is to respond to this email, or contact me at (614)-416-7625 (Shadowbox Live - my "home" theatre).

 Sincerely,

 Tom Cardinal

Chairman - Unified Auditions

Theatre Roundtable of Central Ohio