[Theaterfacultystaff] Fw: Grad School Fair on Wednesday, October 19, 10-3

Surovjak, Drew surovjak at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 17 13:33:28 EDT 2016

All,

We are seeking a few volunteers for the Grad School Fair on Wednesday, October 19th from 10:00am - 3:00pm. This all came down very short notice but are there any faculty members or grad students that would be willing to volunteer an hour or put in a GA hour for the Grad School Fair? If yes, please let me know that you are willing to help out so I can notify the Dean's office.

Thank You!

Drew R. Surovjak
Administrative Associate
School of Dance, Film and Theater
Ohio University
Kantner Hall 307A
surovjak at ohio.edu
740.593.4818

Subject: Grad School Fair on Wednesday, October 19, 10-3

Dear Faculty,

With sincere apologies, I did not find out until last Wednesday at noon that OU is sponsoring its first Grad School Fair.  I have since been waiting to see if we can still participate, as the sign-up deadline was long past.  I finally received permission to do so today.  Last week Joyce contacted someone in your office to see you have written materials available on our College table, so I already have materials from Film and 2 areas with Art + Design (printmaking & photo).  If there are any other printed materials you can send my way I thank you in advance.

DETAILS ABOUT THIS FAIR:
Wednesday, October 19
Time:  10am - 3pm
Where:  Baker Center, 2nd Floor, rooms 240/242.

Who has been invited by the sponsor, which is the OU Career & Leadership Development Center?
Erika Peyton from the Center sent me the following response to this question.  It appears that the participants will likely to be mostly from OU:

Hi Jody,

We've invited each of the university colleges to attend. It has also been opened to individual departments and outside schools to pay for a table and take part. You'll find the list of schools attending here<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_HN-6c5qYxoLW9nandQV0ZNbEU>.

As for student attendance, our advertising has been geared toward all OU students, but I expect to see primarily undergraduates.

See you Wednesday!

LINK: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_HN-6c5qYxoLW9nandQV0ZNbEU

Best,
Erika

At this very late date, I don't expect most of you to be able to participate.  If any of you can come at all, based on the many education abroad fairs I have attended the most traffic will be between 11:30a - 1:30p.  If you will attend for a few minutes during the 10a - 3p window of the Fair, please let me know.  I will be there the entire time, as will Sharon Ball (she will answer financial aid questions - she is very, very good on this issue).

If any of you can provide me with audition details that would be much appreciated.

If this proves a success and is offered again next year, I promise to be more organized!

Thanks,
Jody

College of Fine Arts