[Theaterfacultystaff] Cornel West on Chekhov

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 10 15:11:36 EST 2016

Thanks, Bill. Worth memorizing for the next 4 years (at least)!!
Michael

From: <theaterfacultystaff-bounces at listserv.ohio.edu<mailto:theaterfacultystaff-bounces at listserv.ohio.edu>> on behalf of "Condee, William" <condee at ohio.edu<mailto:condee at ohio.edu>>
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 12:29 PM
To: Theater List Serv <theaterfacultystaff at listserv.ohio.edu<mailto:theaterfacultystaff at listserv.ohio.edu>>
Subject: [Theaterfacultystaff] Cornel West on Chekhov

"The tragicomic vision of Anton Chekhov-the most illuminating and empowering vision put forward in our ghastly century-encourages me to put a premium on garnering resources from a vanishing past in a decadent present in order to keep alive a tempered home for the future, a hope against hope that human empathy and compassion may survive against the onslaught of human barbarity, brutality and bestiality." From Keeping Faith.

William F. Condee
J. Richard Hamilton/Baker & Hostetler Professor of Humanities
Professor of Theater
School of Interdisciplinary Arts, Ohio University
31 S. Court St, #061