[Theaterfacultystaff] Cornel West on Chekhov

Condee, William condee at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 10 12:29:09 EST 2016

“The tragicomic vision of Anton Chekhov—the most illuminating and empowering vision put forward in our ghastly century—encourages me to put a premium on garnering resources from a vanishing past in a decadent present in order to keep alive a tempered home for the future, a hope against hope that human empathy and compassion may survive against the onslaught of human barbarity, brutality and bestiality.” From Keeping Faith.

William F. Condee
J. Richard Hamilton/Baker & Hostetler Professor of Humanities
Professor of Theater
School of Interdisciplinary Arts, Ohio University
31 S. Court St, #061