[Theaterfacultystaff] Theater history seminars for 2016-17

Condee, William condee at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 23 20:58:51 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

I am late on getting information out about theater history seminars for next year, and I apologize. We will provide full information within a few days, but here are the bare bones.  Please contact me or Matt Cornish if you have any questions.

With best regards,

Bill

Fall 2016:
Undergrad seminars:
THAR 4710: Dramaturgy. Cornish
THAR 4710: 19th Century Drama. Condee

Grad seminar:
IARTS 8901, Seminar in Interdisciplinary Arts: Performing Objects. Condee and IARTS faculty. Preliminary blurb: “Performing Objects” might be narrowly defined as puppetry, but this course takes a broader, more inclusive, interdisciplinary, and international approach, using the idea of “material images of humans, animals, or spirits that are created, displayed, or manipulated in narrative or dramatic performance.”
Note: This course will be a good choice for graduate students who are interested in a more interdisciplinary approach, and several theater graduate students thrived in this course in it previous iteration a few years ago. In spring semester, there will be a more traditional theater history seminar.

Spring 2017:
Undergrad seminar: THAR 4710, Special Topics. Guest professor

Grad Seminar: THAR 5710, German Drama and Theater. Cornish

William F. Condee
J. Richard Hamilton/Baker & Hostetler Professor of Humanities
Professor of Theater
School of Interdisciplinary Arts, Ohio University
31 S. Court St, #061