[Theaterfacultystaff] Fw: Playwrights' Festival Thank You

Surovjak, Drew surovjak at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 27 16:18:17 EDT 2016

________________________________
From: Aaron Johnson <ajejjohnson9 at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 3:56 PM
To: Theater
Subject: Playwrights' Festival Thank You

Dear Theater Department,

As producer of this year's Seabury Quinn, Jr. Playwrights' Festival, I just want to thank everyone who participated in the festival and helped make it great.  The writers did incredible work and the actors and directors did an amazing job bringing the words to life.   Without their hours of dedication in and out of rehearsal, the plays would just be ink on a piece of paper.

Thank you to the tech and design teams who put so much effort into the two productions as well as getting the Baker stage set up for the readings.  I'm always amazed by the amount of thought and professionalism that goes into each production and I'm blown away by your willingness to use your free time to hang curtains or focus lights for the readings even when it's not required of you.

Thank you to the faculty for their keen insight and help before, during, and after the festival and also to front of house staff and stage management who keep the audience happy and make sure everything runs smoothly.

And finally, thank you to those who came out to see our plays.  Even if you didn't have an active hand in making the festival happen, I truly appreciate you being involved with the creation and support of new work.

After being here for three years I can honestly say the festival has gotten better and better with each passing year.  And even though I'm graduating, I know the festival will only keep getting better with such talented and dedicated theater artists like yourselves at the helm.

So, once again, thank you everyone.  Not only for a great festival, but for a great school year.  Get some rest.  You deserve it.

-Aaron Johnson-
3rd Year Graduate Playwright