[Theaterfacultystaff] First Year Advising Sheet

Crowe, Rani crower at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 8 13:53:42 EDT 2015

Hi guys,

if you have freshmen advisees, i have made a weekly schedule for you to work with.

With their core classes:

THAR 1111

THAR 1391 or 1392

THAR 1390

THAR 1720

that makes 12 credits. They should have 15 credits. They need to schedule for one additional Tier I or II course. Undergraduates are allowed to schedule for more, but we do not advise them in that direction in the first year. I would encourage them to stay around 15, maybe 16 or 17 if they want to take a dance or PE or developmental course that will enrich them.

Also, 1390 requires a lab. That is not on the schedule. They should remember to pencil that in.

1391/1392 also require labs. They should pencil that in once they pick their classes.

Also, you will notice the end time of 1390 and the start time of 1720 is back to back. We know this. We will adjust the start time to met their needs, but we wanted to build in extra time for rehearsal. We also know that for the first five weeks they have the 1391/92 lecture as well. I think we are planning to start class at 1:30 for the first five weeks to give them time to eat, then start at 1:10 for the rest of the semester.

So don't panic. We know.

Feel free to draw my attention to any other concerns.

And good luck. Go team go!

rani