[Theaterfacultystaff] Dublin Artistic Director Nominations

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Wed May 6 17:14:13 EDT 2015

Dear Faculty,

It is an exciting time. A lot is happening on both summer season and permanent building fronts. All the consultants are working on various aspects of the project(s). Rachel Cornish and I are speaking with two consultants tomorrow and meeting with Dublin Assistant City Manager and the Artistic Director and Board Chair of Emerald City Players, the local theater group.

This is our next important step as a group in the long process of creating this new venture:

Dan Dennis is only faculty member who had multiple nominations for this position and the only one who agreed to be considered. Before we begin the next step of contracting for the position, would you please send me a quick email voting yes, no or abstain? It is important that the entire faculty voice be heard in this matter. If there is a vote in favor, we will begin a process of contracting for the position. All votes will be confidential. I will do a simple tally.

Thanks very much!

Associate Professor, Lighting Design
Artistic Director/Head, Theater Division
740 593-4818 (O) 917 301-5173 ©

Email of April 20, 2015:

Dear Faculty,

As you know, there has been a flurry of activity in assembling information for the CoFA Budget Hearing this past Wednesday. I met with Peg this morning and received a brief synopsis of the hearing and a binder of all the information that was given to the Administration officials. Peg will give a more detailed account of the hearing on Monday, April 27, 4-7 pm. I urge you to attend if possible. We are currently in the process of scanning the complete document presented at the hearing so all the information is in one place.  You have seen most of it before because it contains our Cover Letter, Mission and Vision, Budget (which you've probably not seen) and the reports from all three consultants. We will post it on the Faculty and Dublin folders on Box and a few hard copies will be available in the office. Although the response was very positive to the materials they received, Peg did not think we will hear anything definitive from the University about a financial commitment until September. However, we are continuing with negotiations to use the space at Dublin Village Center that we toured a few weeks ago.

Peg and I agree that the signs are positive enough that the next step for the Theater Division is to nominate and vote on an Artistic Director. To that end, please send me nominations for a member of our faculty whom you feel would be an effective leader (and who is willing) to serve in this position by Friday  April 24. Faculty rank is not a factor in this choice. Everyone is eligible. You may nominate yourself. This position will have a stipend in addition to current salary for the summer work, which will kick in once the University funding is in place. Course release is also a possibility, although that would have to be worked out within the program affected. The current budget is a three year plan, so the expectation is that this would be a three year contract.

I'm very excited about the prospects for this project. It is my goal to complete this next step by the end of finals week. If necessary, we will call a faculty meeting sometime during that week. If you have questions, please feel free to come and talk about the position.

Very sincerely,