[Theaterfacultystaff] Tantrum Theater?

Erik Ramsey playwriting at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:47:15 EDT 2015

I'm going a bit against the grain here, but I do not like "tantrum" as a
name for  this professional theater. While fun and ironic when informally
applied to a group of very generous people like the recent MFA class, I
don't feel like "tantrum" by itself (or modified with the word Dublin)
projects the right image for this particular theater as it starts life. The
context for the potential irony in using the word "tantrum" is not as
available to those who don't know us or our artistic intent.

Erik Ramsey
Associate Professor of Playwriting
Ohio University Division of Theater
MFA Playwriting Program: http://ohioplaywriting.org