[Theaterfacultystaff] Tantrum Theater?

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Wed Jun 3 17:56:11 EDT 2015

Dear Theater Faculty,

The 2015 Class of MFA Actors called themselves Tantrum because they discovered that the collective noun for Bobcats is a Tantrum. It has been suggested that we name the Theater Company in Dublin Tantrum Theater. The Dean, Rachel Cornish, Dan Dennis and I have discussed this and like the idea and we wanted to bring it to you all and see if there are any objections or alternate suggestions. In addition to being an veiled reference to OHIO University, it is a fitting reference to the last class to appear at Monomoy. And it's not The Bobcats, god forbid! We need to decide on a name this summer in order for Advancement to start working on donors for the theater.

Thoughts?

This is a website that references a Tantrum of Bobcats.

http://bigcats3.tripod.com/collective_nouns.html

I hope your summers are going well. We finally have air conditioning back in Kantner!