[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Facility Review and Needs

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Thu Jul 30 12:36:02 EDT 2015

Dear Faculty and Staff,

Since we've talked and written endlessly about our facility needs, this is not a request for yet another list. The question that I'd like your feedback on:

If we could identify three goals for improvement in current facilities, what would those be and why?

I have my list, but it might be different than yours. Let me know what you think.

If you want to send me responses to the other questions, feel free, but don't feel obligated. Some of you dealing with new technology might have ideas that we've not talked about.

Some good news: I just came from a meeting with two facilities people, Dan Harper and Lowell. The Forum carpet will be removed ASAP. The complication is that there is a overall layer of glue under the carpet, so a strategy for dealing with that needs to be devised. (Scraping, using solvent, whatever.) The goal is for the removal to be complete by the time classes begin. Mostly likely the carpeted area will be painted with gray marine paint that will serve us for the 2015-16 season. In the fall, the remainder of the leaking will be tracked down and sealed. Next summer, new carpet will be installed.

All the best!

Michael