[Theaterfacultystaff] Live Streaming Opportunity

Dingo, Matthew dingo at ohio.edu
Fri Jul 17 18:17:48 EDT 2015

Hi Lorraine.

As others have mentioned in this thread, we have to be careful about when decisions are made to live stream. Archiving in a publicly available web server adds even more complexity.

I am approaching this as an extended pilot. For that reason, I plan to work with a division point person who can communicate with guest artists and negotiate any agreements. As this pilot has many considerations such as quality audio capture, bandwidth, idiosyncrasies of individual spaces, video capture in low light and establishing good connections with the server, I would like to consider archiving on a case by case basis after we are confident other issues are worked out. For pedagogical reasons archiving may be a useful tool worth considering.

Thanks, Matt

Sent from my iPhone