[Theaterfacultystaff] Scholarship Opportunities

Crowe, Rani crower at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 9 12:31:45 EST 2015

Friday we had Beth Clodfeldter talk to us at Lunchbag about Nationally Competitive Awards like Fulbrights. She had some great opportunities especially for Theater/Arts majors (including a 4 week Fulbright to study at the Globe Theater over the Summer for Freshmen and Sophomores).  I have shared her follow up on the Blackboard page, but if you know of a student who might like to pursue any of these opportunities, please pass this information on. Deadlines for many of the applications are coming up soon.

Hello OHIO Theater Majors,
    Your good questions impressed me and it was a pleasure to talk with you last Friday about nationally competitive award programs. If you are considering to apply for the Fulbright UK Summer Institutes (freshmen or sophomores) or if you are a passionate environmentalist (sophomores and juniors), please request a meeting with me as soon as possible since the deadlines are coming right up in late February and early March. I would also be happy to meet with students to discuss other competitions with later deadlines.
    The next deadline for the Gilman International Scholarship (freshmen – seniors with a Pell Grant) will be March 3rd, so it would be good to talk to my colleague Laura Schaeffer soon about that.
    You can request a meeting with either of us by contacting Margie Huber at huber at ohio.edu or by writing to onca at ohio.edu
    As I mentioned, I will be holding the next round of Fulbright U.S. Student Program information sessions next week on:

Monday, February 16th at 4:00 in Baker 233
Tuesday, February 17th at 5:00 in Baker 237
Wednesday, February 18th at 5:00 in Baker 237

    You are welcome to like the ONCA Facebook page to stay up to date about announcements for information sessions, deadlines, etc. and to check out our ONCA web page at http://www.ohio.edu/honors/onca/index.cfm
     It would be great to have more theater majors applying for nationally competitive awards, so I do hope to hear from some of you. But, regardless, I wish you the best with all of your theater efforts.

Best,
Beth Clodfelter
Director, ONCA