[Theaterfacultystaff] URTA Report

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Wed May 28 11:29:28 EDT 2014

Dear Faculty,

As Rani and I begin the task of writing and assembling our NAST self study, it has come to our attention that the URTA Report is equally significant and is due two weeks later. (The NAST site evaluator also do a report for URTA.) I’ve added due dates in the Outlook calendar for both. Much of the information will be the same for both reports, i.e., updated CV, program descriptions, etc. The URTA report is focused on graduate programs and most specifically on MFA programs. I’m attaching the latest URTA Info PDF. The critical information for us is EXHIBIT #3, URTA APPLICANT REPORT, starting on page 35 of the PDF. It outlines what URTA is asking for in the report. We have not found the last report submitted, but Scott Steele said it has changed considerably in 10 years so looking at the previous report would probably not be of much use.

As of now I’m spending at least a half day each day on these two reports. Rani has already helped organize and I will review the existing material and see where we need your help. We will need significant input for the URTA report.  Please take some time and read through from page 35 so that you are aware of what we will need. You’ll be hearing more from me as we dig into the details.

Associate Professor, Lighting Design
Artistic Director/Head, Theater Division
740 593-4818 (O) 917 301-5173 ©