[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Spring Grade Deadline Reminder Noon Today, Wednesday, May 7th
lincolnm at ohio.edu
Wed May 7 09:50:31 EDT 2014
In case you forgot……
From: <Cox>, Brenda <coxb at ohio.edu<mailto:coxb at ohio.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Subject: Spring Grade Deadline Reminder Noon Today, Wednesday, May 7th
Dear Faculty Member/Instructor of Record:
Grade deadline: Today, Wednesday, May 7th, at noon.
You are receiving this message because you are listed as an instructor of record for a spring semester class. The Faculty & Advising Center (https://webapps.ohio.edu/oasis/) permits the entering of official final grades. Here are three important points worth noting:
• Grades are made available to students upon your submission of the grades for your class. You may "Save" your grades without "Submitting" your grades. When you submit your grades, they will be posted to students’ academic records and available to students in My OHIO Student Center shortly after the submission. If you do not "Submit" your grades, they will be made available to students the evening of the grade deadline.
• The withdraw date for students who withdrew from (dropped) a class after the Friday of the second week of the semester is available. Click the magnifying glass to the left of the student's name to view the withdraw date.
• The default number of rows displayed on your roster is set to 25. You can increase the default to a larger number by selecting the number in the drop down for Show [ ] entries.
All grades must be submitted by the scheduled deadline, without exception. This includes:
• "PR" grades for classes in progress;
• "I" grades for incomplete coursework;
• "FN" (failure, never attended) for students who have never attended;
• "FS" (failure, stopped attending) for students who stopped attending without official withdrawal.
Submitting grades late or not at all results in undeserved hardships for students. These can include denied degrees, lost job opportunities, delayed transcripts, problems with acceptance to other schools, being dropped from the next term's classes if the course is a requisite, and denials of eligibility for financial aid, athletic participation, and insurance discounts. Grades not submitted by the deadline result in a letter being sent to the department chair/school director.
Thank you for submitting your grades before the deadline, which is today, Wednesday, May 7th, at noon. To those who have already submitted your grades for classes that ended prior to the semester closing date, thank you!
For instructions on using the system see details below.
Assistant Registrar for Academic Records
coxb at ohio.edu<mailto:coxb at ohio.edu>
Instructions for using the system:
1. Log in to the Faculty & Advising Center (https://webapps.ohio.edu/oasis/) using your OHIO ID and password.
2. On the Teaching tab select "Class List/Grading." Note: Only the faculty/instructors listed in PeopleSoft as the instructors for the class may enter and submit grades.
3. Two options for entering final grades:
i. View class roster to enter grades: Click to see the students registered in the class and to enter grades.
ii. Import/Load grades: Click to paste grades from an external file, i.e., PID, grade, FS Stop Date may be copied from another file and pasted into your grade roster.
4. Click the Save Grades button to save the grades if you will need to make changes later. Click the Submit Grades button after you have completed entering your grades to finalize the submission of grades for the class. Submitting grades will affect only students for whom you have entered a grade. If a student’s grade was blank when you submitted, you may go back and enter the final grade online. After grades are submitted any changes must be processed using a Special Grade Report form.
5. If you do not finalize the submission of grades by clicking the Submit Grades button, what you have saved as of the grade deadline will be submitted automatically for you.
If you have any questions about how to submit your grades there is a Frequently Asked Questions page available online at http://www.ohio.edu/registrar/onlinegrading.cfm or you may contact our Grades division staff at grades at ohio.edu<mailto:grades at ohio.edu> or 740.593.4199.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Theaterfacultystaff