[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Athens Community SafeZone ~ 8/2/14

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Wed Jul 30 13:42:15 EDT 2014

For those of you who might be interested and available this Saturday……..
-Michael

From: <Bautista>, Delfin <bautista at ohio.edu<mailto:bautista at ohio.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 at 1:25 PM
To: LGBT <lgbt at ohio.edu<mailto:lgbt at ohio.edu>>
Cc: "Jenkins, Sarah" <jenkins1 at ohio.edu<mailto:jenkins1 at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Athens Community SafeZone ~ 8/2/14

Saludos to all,

The LGBT Center is partnership with Athens Area PFLAG is hosting a Community SafeZone at the Athens Public Library this Saturday August 2, 10am-12pm.  I am mindful that many of you have connections throughout Athens and our surrounding communities, please help us in spreading the word.  The training is FREE and open to all; please share this invitation with others…teachers at your children’s schools, next-door neighbors, businesses, church groups, the person behind you in line at Krogers!  All are welcome and the SafeZone is open to all.  Attached are two fliers (one large and one small, information the same) to share with others.

We’ve also created a facebook event for those connected on facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/events/1441235162805876/ (please share with others!)

Many thanks for the help in spreading the word…folks from surrounding areas (Marietta and Nelsonville and Columbus and others) are welcome to participate as well

Paz y solidaridad,
delfin

---

delfin w. bautista, MSW, MDiv.

Director, LGBT Center at Ohio University

354 Baker University Center

bautista at ohio.edu<mailto:bautista at ohio.edu>  / 740*593*2515

http://www.ohio.edu/lgbt

***preferred pronouns:  plural/gender neutral (they, them,  or just delfin)

Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr:  OULGBTCenter

Follow delfin on twitter: @delfinwb

The LGBT Center is part of the Office for Diversity & Inclusion ~ Inspiring and Transforming Community

The LGBT Center advances the diversity mission of OHIO by creating a university environment and community inclusive and supportive of sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, and queerness.

“Its about being alive, and feisty, and NOT sitting down and shutting up.  Even though people would like you to.”  —P!NK, artist and activist

"It is not about our differences that divide us.  It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.” —Audre Lorde, writer and activist