[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Priority Registration Holds - Study Abroad

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Tue Feb 4 17:07:29 EST 2014

FYI
-Michael

From: <Wagner>, Maureen <wagnerm at ohio.edu<mailto:wagnerm at ohio.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:58 PM
To: "Humphreys, Norma" <humphren at ohio.edu<mailto:humphren at ohio.edu>>, "Lamb, Jody" <lambj at ohio.edu<mailto:lambj at ohio.edu>>, "Scott, Madeleine" <scottm at ohio.edu<mailto:scottm at ohio.edu>>, Michael Lincoln <lincolnm at ohio.edu<mailto:lincolnm at ohio.edu>>, "Hayes, Christopher" <hayesc1 at ohio.edu<mailto:hayesc1 at ohio.edu>>, "Ross, Steven" <rosss2 at ohio.edu<mailto:rosss2 at ohio.edu>>, "LaPalombara, David" <lapalomb at ohio.edu<mailto:lapalomb at ohio.edu>>
Subject: FW: Priority Registration Holds - Study Abroad

Please distribute to the academic advisors in your units
--

Maureen Wagner
Assistant Dean for Student Services

From: <Houlette>, Gail <houlette at ohio.edu<mailto:houlette at ohio.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:30 PM
To: "Frith, Cary" <frith at ohio.edu<mailto:frith at ohio.edu>>, "Beatty, Patrick" <beatty at ohio.edu<mailto:beatty at ohio.edu>>, "Benton, Debra" <bentond at ohio.edu<mailto:bentond at ohio.edu>>, "Klein, Jennifer" <kleinj2 at ohio.edu<mailto:kleinj2 at ohio.edu>>, "Dewald, Howard" <dewald at ohio.edu<mailto:dewald at ohio.edu>>, "Tadlock, Katie" <tadlockk at ohio.edu<mailto:tadlockk at ohio.edu>>, "Jang, Ji-Yeung" <jang at ohio.edu<mailto:jang at ohio.edu>>, "Anderson, Carissa" <ca867011 at ohio.edu<mailto:ca867011 at ohio.edu>>, "Cutcher, Catherine" <cutcher at ohio.edu<mailto:cutcher at ohio.edu>>, "King, Cynthia" <kingc1 at ohio.edu<mailto:kingc1 at ohio.edu>>, "Coon, Maureen" <coonm at ohio.edu<mailto:coonm at ohio.edu>>, "Lester, Greg" <lesterj at ohio.edu<mailto:lesterj at ohio.edu>>, "Novak, Beth" <novakb at ohio.edu<mailto:novakb at ohio.edu>>, "Giesey, Jeffrey" <giesey at ohio.edu<mailto:giesey at ohio.edu>>, "Bila, Michael" <bila at ohio.edu<mailto:bila at ohio.edu>>, "Asleson, Caryn" <asleson at ohio.edu<mailto:asleson at ohio.edu>>, Maureen Wagner <wagnerm at ohio.edu<mailto:wagnerm at ohio.edu>>, "Busch, Carey" <buschc at ohio.edu<mailto:buschc at ohio.edu>>
Cc: "Marshall, Catherine" <marshalc at ohio.edu<mailto:marshalc at ohio.edu>>, "Lammert, Lori" <lammert at ohio.edu<mailto:lammert at ohio.edu>>, "Houlette, Gail" <houlette at ohio.edu<mailto:houlette at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Priority Registration Holds - Study Abroad

Good Afternoon:

We are aware that some students have a misunderstanding regarding academic advising prior to traveling abroad.  We believe the misunderstanding is due to their detailed discussion with a Program Coordinator in The Office of Education Abroad regarding all the specifics for their travels; therefore, they may feel this fulfills their requirements for meeting with their academic advisor for that semester.

We ask your assistance in sharing with all advisors in your college, or any other means of communication regarding advising, that students must meet with their academic advisor prior to registering when traveling abroad.  This will be an opportunity for the advisor to be aware of the student’s travels, in addition to the ease in registration for the student.

Thank you for your assistance with this request.  Please let us know if we can answer any questions you may have.

Best,
Gail

Gail E. Houlette
OHIO UNIVERSITY
Center for International Studies • Office of Education Abroad

Walter International Education Center • 15 Park Place • Athens, OH 45701
T: +1.740.593.4540 • F: +1.740.593.9758
houlette at ohio.edu<mailto:houlette at ohio.edu> • http://www.ohio.edu/educationabroad

[cid:image002.png at 01CF21BE.0EC77810]<http://www.facebook.com/OHIOEducationAbroad>[cid:image003.png at 01CF21BE.0EC77810]<http://www.twitter.com/oueduabroad>[cid:image004.png at 01CF21BE.0EC77810]<http://oueduabroad.wordpress.com/>
Walk-In Advising Hours: 1-4, M-F. No Appointment Required!
Study. Teach. Work. Volunteer. Intern. GO!
The best student-centered learning experience in America

I am braver because I fought a giant and won…..I’m stronger because I had to be….I’m happier because I’ve learned what matters……I stand taller because I AM A SURVIVOR!!!