[Theaterfacultystaff] Support for Sarah Denhart

Denhart, Daniel denhart at ohio.edu
Thu Apr 24 13:31:52 EDT 2014

Colleagues,

I normally do not ask for financial support for the activities of my children however my youngest daughter Sarah recently attended the Ohio Thespian Conference where she participated in an individual event.  Her IE as they call it, involved designing, building and preparing a formal presentation for a costume design.  Sarah chose to design and construct a dress for Eurydice and she presented it at the conference.   Her presentation was very well received and she earned the marks of Superior from both curators, placing her project and presentation among the top in the State.  This accomplishment entitles Sarah to participate in the International Thespian Conference this June in Lincoln, Nebraska.  If Sarah is able to attend, she will be the only student from Athens participating in the conference.

Sarah is aggressively fund raising to come up with the money to support her trip and obviously Nancy and I want to support her effort.  The conference will enable her to present her Eurydice project as well as participate in the other conference activities: viewing productions and attending sessions.  I have attached a letter Sarah has written in hopes that perhaps our "theater community" might be able to help her with her fund raising goals.  The registration deadline is quickly approaching.  A quick response would be appreciated.  If you would like, feel free to e-mail me with a pledge

I appreciate any help you might be able to offer as well as your time and consideration of this request.

Best Wishes
Dan