[Theaterfacultystaff] Bob Shook campus visit

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Mon Apr 7 14:22:32 EDT 2014

Dear Faculty,

Bob Shook, distinguished School of Theater alumni and co-founder of Shuler Shook (www.schulershook.com) will be visiting us Wednesday and Thursday April 16th and 17th. I suggest visiting the Shuler Shook website and click on the link in the lower left hand corner of the main page that features one of their most recent projects, a new 165,000 square foot theatre building for DePaul University. We can dream a little!

Bob will be a guest in my Business Class Wednesday morning, with presentation and discussion about the founding of Shuler Shook, focusing on business aspects. If you are interested in sitting in on that class, please let me know. It is in Kantner 108.

In addition, Bob will be doing another presentation focusing more on design (and specifically lighting design) on Thursday afternoon at 1pm. This may continue until 3 o'clock. Depending on the number of attendees, we will either be in K303 or Putnam 239. Please let me know if you would like to attend this session so we can schedule the appropriate room.

I will be taking Bob on a tour of all of our facilities Wednesday starting at 1pm, so don’t be surprised if we’re poking into classrooms and shops. Obviously we’ll try not to interrupt our teaching. Bob will be meeting with the Dean that afternoon at 3 o’clock.

If you want to meet with Bob personally, have lunch Wednesday or Thursday or have an idea about something he could participate in while he is here, please let me know. There is a little free time Wednesday afternoon and a good chunk of time Thursday morning which is not yet fully booked.

I fly back from Houston Tuesday (tomorrow) evening, so I will be back in the office Wednesday afternoon after class.