[Theaterfacultystaff] Class Evaluation Form

Delaney, Shelley delaneys at ohio.edu
Thu May 30 18:40:32 EDT 2013

I agree that this is a better template, clearer and more specific.  I do have a couple of thoughts:

In Section 3 (Course Evaluation), I'm not sure that 3.3 (Degree of intellectual challenge of this course) is necessarily the right statement  or a thorough enough statement for many of the studio classes.  Certainly we try to have intellectual rigor, but in the performance area classes (which is all I feel I can speak for) it is as often about creativity and imagination, and even physical rigor.  The first year at least (sophomore studio/first year MFA studio), while richly challenging and very demanding, is rarely about actively engaging the intellect.  Can we tweak the statement and make it 'Degree of intellectual and/or creative challenge of this course'…I think that would do it for me.

Also in section 3, this time 3.2, can we add to the list 'readings, reports, etc…'  so it reads, 'readings, reports, projects, performances, etc…', again to encompass acting studio work and design assignments.  Or am I being to picky and it is already implied but the 'etc…'

Other than that, i feel pretty good about this.

Thanks,

Shelley