[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Resolution on the Establishment of a Professional Name and Possibility for Promotion for Group II

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Mon Mar 18 09:45:04 EDT 2013

Forwarded from Interim Dean Scott-
Directors,
Please disseminate this information to faculty.
It is very important that they are well and fully aware of the resolution.
Madeleine

From: <Sayrs>, Elizabeth <sayrs at ohio.edu<mailto:sayrs at ohio.edu>>
Date: Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:56 PM
To: Ohio Faculty List <ohio-dg-faculty at ohio.edu<mailto:ohio-dg-faculty at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Resolution on the Establishment of a Professional Name and Possibility for Promotion for Group II

Dear Colleagues,

I invite you to join me and Ben Bates, Chair of the Professional Relations Committee of Faculty Senate, for informal brown bag lunches to discuss the Resolution on the Establishment of a Professional Name and Possibility for Promotion for Group II from noon to 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 20th, and Thursday, March 21st, in the Margaret K. Davis room on the first floor of Baker Center (this is the glassed-in area next to the main dining area outside the West 82 food court).

This resolution was presented for first reading in December, and we appreciate the feedback we have received so far through your faculty senators, by non-senator faculty members who have come to Faculty Senate to participate in the discussion over the previous months, through Chairs and Directors, by email, and in individual conversations. The resolution is scheduled for second reading and vote at the April 8th Faculty Senate meeting, but if possible we would like to receive any additional feedback before we meet with the Deans to discuss the resolution on March 26th.

If you cannot make one of the brown bag lunches, you are welcome to get in touch with your senator(s); with me (sayrs at ohio.edu), Ben Bates (batesb at ohio.edu), or other members of the PRC; or to come to Faculty Senate office hours on Tuesdays from 1:30-3:00 (or by appointment) in the Alden Faculty Commons. Contact information for your college or campus senator(s) and members of the PRC is available on the Faculty Senate web site at http://www.ohio.edu/facultysenate/. Also available online is the resolution as well as resources related to the resolution, as announced previously.

Best,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Sayrs
Chair, Faculty Senate