[Theaterfacultystaff] Changes

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Fri Jun 28 16:30:26 EDT 2013

Dear Theater Faculty and Staff,

As we find ourselves on the last day of Maureen's tenure as Assistant Director to the School of Theater, I wanted you to know that I sent the email below to all Dance, Film and Theater students so they would be aware of the changes taking place while most of them are off campus. (I couldn't figure out a way copy the Theater list serve, so hence the second email.) It's even more important for you all to know that Madeleine and I have met for many hours crafting a position description for a replacement for Maureen. We will have it finished and approved by the Dean ASAP and hope to have someone in place by the beginning of classes if all goes well.

Following up on the recent email about preferences for new name for the School of Theater, as it turns out, we will be known as  Theater in the School of Dance, Film and Theater.

And one final bit of news: it was almost a year ago that I told you we were getting a new roof. Well, finally, the scaffolding is supposed to start being put up on Monday. I'm told it takes two weeks for lighting to strike a university….now we know a new roof takes years.

All the best for a continued great summer,

Interim Director, Theater
Ohio University
740 593-4818 (o)
917 301-5173 (c)

To all Students in Dance, Film and Theater,

It was announced this week that our long time Assistant Director of Theater, Maureen Wagner, has been selected to replace Assistant Dean of the College, Norma Humphreys, as Norma moves into Early Retirement. While we will miss Mareen's presence enormously and thank her for her years as the glue that held the SOT together, we know she was the perfect choice for her new position. She will do great things for the College. Maureen wanted me to tell you to stop by and see her in her new office in Jennings House when you are back on campus.

As our merger into the School of Dance, Film and Theater becomes official, you should also be aware that Madeleine Scott has accepted the position of Founding Director. Although not official yet, it appears that I will continue as "Chair" of Theater. Rest assured that Madeleine and I are taking all the necessary steps to find the perfect person to fill the vacancy left by Maureen.

With all best wishes for a continued great summer!