[Theaterfacultystaff] lunchbag notes and events about town

Wagner, Maureen wagnerm at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 25 16:02:37 EST 2013

Dear All:
Please see all the info below as well as the attachment about Open Projector nights at the Athena Cinema (that's right you can screen your film on the big screen!!) and a reminder

PD&T Seniors, 2nd year and 3rd Year grads,
The Annual Portfolio Reviews will be held on Wednesday Jan. 30 beginning at 1pm until finished.
WHAT IS THIS AND WHAT IS IT FOR?     This Portfolio Review is the old quarter system “Annual Winter Portfolio Review”.  The purpose of the portfolio review is to provide the student with the opportunity to show progress on the development of their portfolio as they progress toward their Final Exit Review.  This also provides the faculty with the opportunity to view the students work and provide input with regard to the progress being made.
DO I HAVE TO PARTICIPATE?   All PD&T undergraduate Seniors and Graduate level 2nd and 3rd year students are required to present.
Undergraduate Juniors and Graduate 1st year students are encouraged to attend for the purpose of viewing/observing the process they will be participating in next year.  If Juniors and/or 1st year grads request to have their work reviewed, we will accommodate as time permits. They should plan on attending the entire event as they could be slid into an opening at any time.  Requests for a timeslot should be forwarded to Dan.
WHERE ARE THE REVIEWS HELD? This year’s portfolio review will be conducted in the Green Screen Room in Putnam, adjacent to the @Lab.  A schedule will be distributed by Friday, Jan. 28 by 1:00pm.
WHAT IF I AM NOT AVAILABLE AT THE TIME I AM SCHEDULED TO PRESENT?    Scheduling difficulties are to be worked out in advance with Dan (denhart at ohio.edu<mailto:denhart at ohio.edu>by Tuesday Jan 29th at 1pm).

Clifton Holznagel
This summer I ran a bread baking business with my friend and I'd like to keep honing my baking skills so I'm making and selling bread for people who want it on an order by order basis. I make rye, baguettes, wheat loaves and I can take requests. All the loaves are a mild sourdough and hand made from organic flour. Large loaves are $4, small loaves and baguettes are $2. If you're interested in tasty, nutritious, made-from-scratch bread, email me at ch184908 at ohio.edu<mailto:ch184908 at ohio.edu> or via my facebook page. Or just talk to me next time you see me! Help me feed you!

Children’s Theatre of Charlotte (CTC) has summer employment opportunities available to graduate and undergraduate students. We are hiring for Summer Camp Counselors and Summer Administrative Assistants. We would welcome applicants from Ohio University.
CTC is a fully producing, professional theatre company whose primary audiences are young people ages 3-18 and families.  Annually serving approximately 300,000, CTC is unique among theatres for youth by placing equal emphasis on the production of high quality professional performances and comprehensive educational offerings for elementary, middle and high school students.  Our summer camp is part of this theatre education experience.

Timeline:                          May 29 - August 9, 2013, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Compensation:             $8.50/hr (40 hours per week minimum).

Summer staff must be able to provide their own housing and transportation.
Summer Camp Counselor
Theatre Camp Counselors will have direct supervision responsibilities working with children ages 3 -18 during Children’s Theatre of Charlotte Summer Camp.  Duties include classroom assistance, drop-off and pick-up, snack time, post care and administrative duties.   In addition to the daily duties, the Counselors may have the opportunity to observe and collaborate with Children's Theatre Teaching Artists.
Job Requirements

 *   Minimum of one year of college required.
 *   Background in theatre or education preferred.
 *   Experience working with a variety of ages.
 *   Reliable transportation is required.
 *   Comfort with administrative duties.
 *   Experience with customer service and/or interacting with parents of young people.
Summer Administrative Assistant
The primary roles of a Summer Administrative Assistant are to complete administrative duties in relation to summer camp.  These duties include generating camp materials such as roll sheets, story handouts, programs, name tags, and mailings while maintaining communication with parents, teachers, and summer staff.  Administrative Assistants will also work directly with Summer Camp Counselors and Teaching Artists to offer support with supervision of students during camp operations.
Job Requirements

 *   Minimum of one year of college required.
 *   Background in theatre, education, or administration preferred.
 *   Knowledge of Microsoft Office and phone etiquette.
 *   Experience working with children and/or teens.
 *   Detail oriented and organized.
 *   Interest or experience in Graphic Design preferred but not required.
 *   Experience with customer service and/or interacting with parents of children and teens.

The job requirements and application process can be found at www.ctcharlotte.org/jobs.html<http://www.ctcharlotte.org/jobs.html>

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here <http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=gdwpokhab&v=001lnBTEkB9iIFVGjcxk8R4jdc6gVQ03nvDQo744MHLwxfBn9kudYHY3WhU0nvUE-v0Zo63w8x6OiXG07OIQl1p9rJPXC2hunWTsV0fg9oZbhE%3D>

[http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs082/1107378559078/img/59.png]

[http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs127/1107378559078/img/144.jpg]

FANTASTIC! The Comic Art of
Sandy Plunkett

January 25- June 2, 2013

Exhibition
January 25-June 2, 2013

Featuring some 50 works, the exhibition traces Sandy Plunkett's career from his early days within the industry to more recent commercial and independent works that display his highly fluid, often romantic stylization.

Guest Curator: Dave Filipi, Wexner Center for the Arts, Director of Film/Video

Guest Curator Walk & Talk
January 25, 5-6 p.m.

Join Guest Curator Dave Filipi from the Wexner Center for the Arts for a guided tour of the gallery and his narration of its creation and display.  Opening reception will be immediately following the
Walk & Talk.

Gallery Opening and Reception
January 25, 6-8 p.m.

Join us for hors d'oeuvres and refreshments at Kennedy Museum of Art to celebrate the opening of the much anticipated exhibit
 "FANTASTIC! The Comic Art of Sandy Plunkett".
Free to the public.

For additional information on Kennedy Museum of Art exhibitions and programs visit us online www.ohio.edu/museum

Limited free and metered parking is available. OU faculty/staff and student commuters, please use faculty/staff or commuter parking permits.

[http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs127/1107378559078/img/140.jpg]

Exhibition Catalog will be available for purchase

Upcoming Exhibitions
And Events

Art Encounters:
Patterns on
Tooling Foil
February 2, 1:30-3:00 p.m.

FRAME YOUR SIB!
Sibs Weekend @KMA
February 9, 1:00-3:00 p.m.

Noon Talk: Metaphysics of Making/John Sabraw and Students
February 13, 12:10-12:50

Art Encounters: Painting with Stencils and Stamps: Scenes from the Bike Path
February 16, 1:30-3:00 p.m.

"Black Comic Book Superheroes": Lecture by
Michael Gillespie, Assistant Professor
February 21, 6:00-7:00 p.m.

For more information on these and other events happening at the Museum,  visit our website.<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001KwJMK6voTIjw-dMtQv-_f2Tz6sSnQLTEIZHP_FW6ukLhPjxFsuenobjIxlCWCs_Qbc8l4Imomf3Tra0beUof3bjpnrNRVq3izZKmVpxA61nXr6L0gSFBVXmyhIsrB2jinC1gEQkEJX0=>
Some events such as Art Encounters, may require pre-registration/fees.

[http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs082/1107378559078/img/58.png]

While at the Museum, visit The Ridges Café for espresso and cold beverages, baked goods, sandwiches, soups, salads and more!

Follow us on...

             [https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/ic_fbk_36.png] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kennedy-Museum-of-Art/63955089501?fref=ts>       [https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/ui/images1/ic_twit_36.png] <https://twitter.com/Kennedy_Museum>

Kennedy Museum of Art | (740) 593-1304 | law at ohio.edu<mailto:law at ohio.edu>| Ohio University, Lin Hall
Athens, OH 45701

[http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs082/1107378559078/img/121.jpg][http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs082/1107378559078/img/13.gif][http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs082/1107378559078/img/7.jpg][http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs082/1107378559078/img/5.jpg][http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs082/1107378559078/img/24.gif][http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs082/1107378559078/img/59.png]

Image Credits:

Sandy Plunkett, Detail, Rocketeer Adventures, vol.2 #1,pg. 2, 2011, Pen, brush and ink, 17 x 11.© 2012 The Rocketeer Trust.  THE ROCKETEER is a registered trademark of The Rocketeer Trust.

Copyright © 2012. All Rights Reserved.

Forward this email<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=gdwpokhab&m=1107378559078&ea=wagnerm%40ohio.edu&a=1112188292991>
[http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/SafeUnsubscribe_Footer_Logo_New.png]<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=00124M6MEr-rej409dBJ6-rioPljxOmZ9GS&t=001VewspyEBDxUeuZhtKnQreg%3D%3D&llr=gdwpokhab> [http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/CC_Footer_Logo_New.png] <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_Basic_203>
This email was sent to wagnerm at ohio.edu<mailto:wagnerm at ohio.edu> by law at ohio.edu<mailto:law at ohio.edu> |
Update Profile/Email Address<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&mse=00124M6MEr-rej409dBJ6-rioPljxOmZ9GS&t=001VewspyEBDxUeuZhtKnQreg%3D%3D&llr=gdwpokhab>| Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=00124M6MEr-rej409dBJ6-rioPljxOmZ9GS&t=001VewspyEBDxUeuZhtKnQreg%3D%3D&llr=gdwpokhab>™ | Privacy Policy<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp>.

Kennedy Museum of Art | Ohio University, Lin Hall | Athens | OH | 45701