[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Opportunity for your Students: Environmental Arts Contest (re-sending with att!)

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 18 15:15:53 EST 2013

From: Jennifer Joy [mailto:jjoy at jenniferjoyonline.com]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 11:50 AM
To: Mark Shanda; Dr. Scott Irelan; Dr. Michael Slavin; Susan Stowe; Theater
Subject: Opportunity for your Students: Environmental Arts Contest (re-sending with att!)

Hello Professor,
I hope you're doing well and your holidays were restful.

I'm following up on an email I sent in late November, regarding an opportunity for your students to create work around environmental sciences themes.  I'd really like to be in touch with you about your students' participation in this project.

I’m a writer and performing artist, and I'm working with an academic association, the Association of Environmental Sciences and Studies.  This group of ESS professors and researchers very much wants to encourage undergrad, grad and professional artists to make work around environmental issues.  To that end, we've created a contest to culminate at the AESS yearly conference.  That conference is at Duquesne on June 19-22.

The opportunities for your students are:

*Create and present original work outside the classroom environment
*Put into practice what they’ve been learning in your program
*Gain a professional credit

Lastly, for any of your students that have activist interests, this is an opportunity for them to experiment with making performance that can help change the world.

Would you please circulate this CFP to all of your faculty and students?  Also, I'd love to hear from you regarding their interest.

Thanks so much,
Jennifer Joy
jenniferjoyonline.com

Jennifer Joy’s “The Physics of Love” is touring colleges now.  See the video preview at http://jenniferjoyonline.com/physics-of-love.