[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Actors' Theatre Audition Announcement for Summer

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 18 08:58:23 EST 2013

From: theactorstheatre at att.net [mailto:theactorstheatre at att.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:11 PM

Subject: Actors' Theatre Audition Announcement for Summer

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDF4B4.0F0970E0]

1000 City Park Avenue

Columbus, Ohio 43206

614-444-6888

www.TheActorsTheatre.org<http://www.TheActorsTheatre.org>

AUDITION NOTICE

Join us for our 2013 Summer Season Auditions February 16 & 17

n  Comedy of Errors by William Shakespeare, directed by John S. Kuhn, to be performed at the Columbus Commons, May 10-19

n  King Arthur and the Sword of Britain by Philip J. Hickman, directed by C. Austin Hill, to be performed at Schiller Park, May 23-June 23

n  Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare, directed by Mandy Fox, to be performed at Schiller Park June 27-July 28

n  The Beaux Stratagem by George Farquhar (as adapted by Thornton Wilder and Ken Ludwig), directed by Adam Simon, to be performed at Schiller Park Aug. 1-September 1

n  Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, directed by Ross Shirley, to be performed at the Columbus Commons, September 6-15

AUDITION DETAILS

WHEN: Saturday, February 16 10:00 am – 5:00 pm or Sunday, February 17 12:00 pm– 5:00 pm

WHERE: German Village Meeting Haus, 588 South Third Street, Columbus, OH 43215

WHAT: Each audition is scheduled for FIVE minutes. We would love to see two contrasting classic monologues (or one classic and one contemporary), or you may do a cold reading from our scripts.

RESUME and HEADSHOT: Please bring a resume and headshot to the audition that we can keep on file for these and future productions.

ACTORS’ THEATRE ALUMNI: If you have performed for us in the past you need not audition with a monologue (although you may). Simply sign up and let us know at the audition, which shows you would like to read for.

SIGNUP: To schedule an audition time, please sign up online at the “Click HERE to register” link at www.TheActorsTheatre.org<http://www.TheActorsTheatre.org>. Enter your first and last names, email address, and phone number. You will receive a confirmation email. If you have any questions, please email theactorstheatre at att.net<mailto:theactorstheatre at att.net> or call (614) 444-6888.

REHEARSALS: Rehearsals for each show will begin approximately six weeks prior to opening night.

VIDEO AUDITIONS: If you are unable to attend our auditions, you may submit a DVD audition, or post an audition on YouTube and email us the link at jhnkuhn at aol.com<mailto:jhnkuhn at aol.com>. The deadline for this is close-of-day February 8, 2013

MAILING LIST: If you cannot audition for the summer season, but would like to be considered for future Actors’ Theatre productions, you can still get on our no-spam mailing list by emailing your first and last names and email address to theactorstheatre at att.net<mailto:theactorstheatre at att.net>. You may also email your headshot to us to store on our database.

TECH/CREW AUDITIONS: If you are interested in a technical position and would like to meet the directors, you may register using the same application at www.TheActorsTheatre.org<http://www.TheActorsTheatre.org>. Please bring your resume to the audition and we will keep it on file for these and future productions.

For updated information on the season and other events, please stay in touch with us via:

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CDF4B4.0F0970E0]