[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Monomoy Theater Discussion Report

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 16 09:12:02 EST 2013

Dear Theater Faculty,

Below is the Dean's response to the report of our meeting on December 3. I'm attaching the final version for your reference.

-Michael

From: <Kennedy-Dygas>, Margaret Kennedy-Dygas <kennedm1 at ohio.edu<mailto:kennedm1 at ohio.edu>>
Date: Sunday, December 15, 2013 2:09 PM
To: Michael Lincoln <lincolnm at ohio.edu<mailto:lincolnm at ohio.edu>>
Cc: "Scott, Madeleine" <scottm at ohio.edu<mailto:scottm at ohio.edu>>, "Fiocchi, Barbara" <fiocchib at ohio.edu<mailto:fiocchib at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Re: Monomoy Theater Discussion Report

Michael, Madeleine and Barb:

Thank you so much for this extremely well written letter regarding Monomoy Theater and the thinking of the theater faculty. There is much under discussion at the moment. I think it is fair to say that OU recognizes the great value of the opportunities for our students and faculty that Monomoy represents in theory. There is a strong commitment at OU to continue support for our theater program in terms of such professional opportunity.

The lease agreement at Monomoy is extremely costly for OU, of course, and there is currently an overall sense that the situation needs to change. I will be in close touch with you as the conversations about this overall situation move along. Peg
Margaret "Peg" Kennedy-Dygas
Dean, College of Fine Arts
Jennings House
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701

T: 740.593.1808
F: 740.593.0570

"The nation's best transformative student experience in the arts."